How many rounds do you have in your pack?

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
The rifle weight thread got me thinking about how many rounds does everyone have in their pack, belt or firearm while hunting?
I have a 20 round MTM belt box in my pack and, another 8 round MTM belt box on my person while actively hunting, hiking into an area. Ethical or not, I also have the rifle fully loaded, meaning one is up the 'spout' with the safety engaged.
I load the rifle from the 20 round box, and the 8 round box only gets used when the rifle runs out.
What say you all?

Cheers.

Hi all,
The rifle weight thread got me thinking about how many rounds does everyone have in their pack, belt or firearm while hunting?
I have a 20 round MTM belt box in my pack and, another 8 round MTM belt box on my person while actively hunting, hiking into an area. Ethical or not, I also have the rifle fully loaded, meaning one is up the 'spout' with the safety engaged.
I load the rifle from the 20 round box, and the 8 round box only gets used when the rifle runs out.
What say you all?

Cheers.
I must be me, but I rarely hunt with no more than five rounds, sometime only two rounds.
Ace

Thanks guys, happy to hear it's not just me that takes 20+ rounds.
My 416 Rigby when hunting buff either here in Oz or Africa, has 2 10 round leather wallets attached to the rifle, just never know, and boy do they add some weight.

Cheers.

I normally take 10 rounds for a weekend hunt. Four in the mag and six spare in case I have a miss and need to check zero. For week long hunts I take 20 rounds. In reality, I carry far too many rounds as I check zero at the range before I go on important hunts and over the last four months I've fired three shots for three animals taken. I'm running a Zeiss V8 though and regardless of knocks it has never changed zero, so I think the amount of rounds you carry really comes down to the set-up you run and how you need to manage your risk, either from likelihood of misses or shift in zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.