How many rifles does your wife think you own?

Lol you will change once you are married and everytime you buy a gun she thinks she gets equal value for purses and shoes.. I don't lie to her, but if she's not home when I carry it in and mix it in with the others it is not my fault!! When SHTF purses will not help.. In many ways, unfortunately in 24 years of marriage we have hit hard times a time or two and unfortunately selling a few guns have saved our a**, don't think we would have sold a purse or shoes that fast.. Guns are fun, but also great investments!!

I have been there too. I had a business go under during the financial debacle in 2008. Had to sell a few of my guns to pay the bills. Even tho we are doing much better now, I still have a few on hand that I could liquidate without much heartache.

She only knows that when I am gone she will have plenty of cash, unless my best friend gets in the gun room first.

she thinks i own 4 rifle but i have more than x 2 of that she she has no idea, but i don't know complain when she buys a new shoes or count how many purses she has.

My wife HATES guns. She's a SJW liberal. The only purchase firearms related she ever made with me was when we got a safe. She wanted it to be "pretty" to match a closet.

She asked, one time, how many I had and she guessed 50! I laughed and said lower and left it at that.

To all the guys talking about "deceiving your wife is wrong" you either have really cool wives (read that as unicorns) or you're not married.

When you're dating, women promise you the world. As soon as you get married, share bills (whoops typo, meant pay their bills), get a house, have kids, you're on the bottom of the Totem pole. Deceiving might be bad, but so is making your wife literally cry when she finds out you have a $5,000 rifle.

BTW, I'm only 30, I sound like a 60 year old man who's on his 3rd wife. Haha

My wife HATES guns. She's a SJW liberal. The only purchase firearms related she ever made with me was when we got a safe. She wanted it to be "pretty" to match a closet.

She asked, one time, how many I had and she guessed 50! I laughed and said lower and left it at that.

To all the guys talking about "deceiving your wife is wrong" you either have really cool wives (read that as unicorns) or you're not married.

When you're dating, women promise you the world. As soon as you get married, share bills (whoops typo, meant pay their bills), get a house, have kids, you're on the bottom of the Totem pole. Deceiving might be bad, but so is making your wife literally cry when she finds out you have a $5,000 rifle.

BTW, I'm only 30, I sound like a 60 year old man who's on his 3rd wife. Haha

Thats funny - I try to keep a few guns moving in and out of the collection every year to keep her guesses inaccurate. It has worked so far. I am lucky because I am on per diem when I travel for work and keep whatever I don't spend. That money goes into a different account I call the gun fund that my wife isn't on. She knows I have it, she just can't see the balance. It pays for my guns and hunting trips - its been a good deal for me so far...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.