How many guys single feed?

My dad taught me to only have one in the chamber. Don't miss, don't wound, do it right the first time. This was back in 1966.
At the range, if the rounds will fit I might use my magazine.
When hunting, I always single feed. I can;t remember if I ever wounded an animal. I have let a few go by as I was not sure enough to shoot.

at the range i was starting single fed.but one day i realized that those precise rounds i prepare for hunting sometimes ( hope never) they need to go out of the barrel as fast as i can... so my 5 bullet test now are done in few second...lol in consequence even my way to reload changed...i like magazines i have at least e of them for each rifle

More variables in the answers than I expected. I single load more than not, style of rifle, and hunt dictate a bit. Detachable magazines are useful, not all my rifles have them. I haven't felt limited, or endangered carrying a Ruger No. 1., likely need to get out more. Bear country is handgun country keep it close. Hard to tuck a rifle under a pillow.
to bad here in canada we are not aloud..i will keep.my magazine loaded !!! 😛

Mag fed for me.
51494A5E-A05B-4A7B-88D6-4B976AD4C648.jpeg

Hi, Single feed at the range for Best, Most accurate 270 Win load. Then Test the rifle for accuracy with three rounds in magazine . Always a shorter COAL and Shorter OGIVE. Gauge the differences just before hunting season. Often no big difference at 100 yards. Single feed all my target rifled only.

I bought a Ruger precision rifle a year ago,first thing I bought for it was a single shot magazine as that is how I shoot all my rifles.

Curious, because I have always single fed my 338 edge and rums because I seated the bigger bullets out so far. Became a habit and now I catch myself doing it with my rounds that will feed.

This is probably not necessary to say, but just remember if you have a mauser type bolt do not load it by placing the round in the chamber, you can break the extractor ( saw this a few years ago in the shop). Load a single round in the magazine then feed it.

This is probably not necessary to say, but just remember if you have a mauser type bolt do not load it by placing the round in the chamber, you can break the extractor ( saw this a few years ago in the shop). Load a single round in the magazine then feed it.
This is worth saying again. Saw a ruger on another site that this happened to a few years back.

Guess I'll be the "odd man out ". My personal goal is to get more proficient at spotting my impacts and making immediate corrections for wind and elevation. These days I prefer to go out to range days in crappy weather. This affords me the the best practice and the best skill-building opportunities. As such, I now load 3 rounds in the rifle and hope I miss the target the first shot.😁

When walk hunting, I usually stab a partition or tsx in the mag just in case, then slide a long one in the chamber. I cant remember the last time I fired that second round. If im in dangerous game territory (almost never), i have my 475 (profile pic) loaded with 5, 530gr BFH on my belt.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.