How many guys single feed?

I know two guys that just swung rifle from hip and both made deadly shots,one was on swan hill.On a mountain lion,155 # tom,He turned just in time to see it jumping at him.Thats right above Bigfork,MT. lots houses up there ,he was whitetail hunting.Mason my friend worked with shot a cat on his back,grazed his own head,backpack helped save him.Ive I remember they both had '06.

I know the guy well who a couple years ago shot the Griz off his son in the south Fork.
I'm like Cody the last 15 years I don't go into known Griz country alone anymore, but there turning up everywhere.

sp6x6 knows were Rhodes Draw is, these 2 were on some peoples porch of there house I know in October last yesr.

Attachments

• 15743.jpeg
    15743.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 132
I'm guilty too !
I only single feed 6 of my 338's ! 🤣
Those Bergers like to be way out there .
I'm in Grizz country every trip out it seems here in Montana. I dont sweat it though .
I tracked a Grizzly once down by Helmville yes it was crazy but it sure was exciting !!
Look at my picture , it brings back memories everytime I see it !
Anyway I'm headed towards a 375 Rum build next ...it will be single feed too !!
Look at all the 4" boxes I saved !

One and Done is what we all look for anyway right !!

Rum Man

Last edited:
Range work I single load, and I have a couple that have to be single loaded. If I was going to build another big boomer I would just go solid bottom action. I have 3 rifles that have never had a round in the mag, use them at the range exclusively.
The rifles I hunt with I run mag fed except my edge, the 4.1" oal puts a kink in that.

No bear where I hunt. That being said I'm accustomed to having a mag when hunting. I single feed for targets and prairie dogs. May start single feeding once in awhile in a blind. After the first shot all the rest are just noise anyway. ;)
Come to think of it 🤔 , I always single feed my crossbow when deer hunting. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts