How many gearheads on LRH ?

Had a few in the past, a couple sleepers that the police wouldn't even look at, Model T and an A. The need for speed and holding the road solid. Days gone by. At this time a '56 2 dr Chevy Belair wagon is resting awaiting me. Have a '57 283 to drop in her when ready. Possible going to give it to my oldest son.

My wife has wanted a jeep CJ for a long time. I planned to build her one, but like you, life happens . My back and neck have decided my vehicle building days are behind me . Contemplating a multi level back surgery now, but my track record with neck/back surgeries are batting a goose egg so far. I'm hesitant to let them cut on me anymore. Still, if they can get me patched up so I can start living again, it would be amazing. Just not sure what to do yet.
Don't give up.
I have a friend that had a couple spine surgeries. Fragmented and missing disks. SS and Ti screws with some fine metal workings. He can stand up straight now, walks pretty much limp free. Cedar Sinai Los Angeles fixed him up. Adjust your insurance and head on down.

Mine is degenerative . Surgery just gives me a short time between recovered and the next discs in line taking a crap. I'm just falling apart because I used my stuff up pushing my body way too hard for not nearly enough recovery time between for far too many years. I just have to decide whether it's worth a possible short time of pain free ,or less pain living in exchange for accelerated degeneration on the next couple discs up the chain. Got an appointment July 26th to talk about it with the surgeon. I've run out of room to move up the chain with my neck. Top disc is trashed and too close to my brain stem to mess with. Lower back could be fixed, but making a section strong next to failing parts just destroys the weak area quicker.
Can I get some cheese to go with all this whine ? LOL.

You get to a certain point, then it takes piles of money to grab another few hp.

this is a fact . I had a 406CI alum head , iron block motor , pink rods , nothing special at all it would run my vega in the high 9's . I sold this motor , and put it in the blue el camino I posted a pic of . I don't want to guess what it cost me to put the small block rodeck together to get to low 8's . one HP gets very very expensive after a certain point .

Joel , I don't have time for racing anymore either . I always thought as I got older I'd have more time , I was wrong . I did get to tow on the forth though , it's just not as fun as racing was . I'm helping my son remodel and replace on his house . it's called renewal by Dad .

Attachments

• P7040098.JPG
    P7040098.JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 23
Joel , look at my super chevy pic . look over my hood scoop . the guy leaning on the fence in the red muscle shirt , Rick Elliott . he ran a red altered , if I remember right .

It's funny. You can predict a lot about a guy's hot rod by his taste in guns and glass. The guy with nothing but a home built AK covered in Chinese made knockoff tacti-cool garbage and a $30 Walmart scope that can't hit a bull in the butt with a broomstick is likely to be the same kind of guy that thinks stickers are worth 5hp each.

When you can't pick up 3hp for $100 anymore you gain some insight on why scope prices go from $150 to to $300 to $500 to $1000 to an actual arm and an actual leg while picking up only decimal points of actual performance improvement at each step.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.