How many DIFFERENT calibers in your gun safe??

I was talking to a guy I work with about reloading and he asked how many different calibers I have?? HMMMM - let me think…so I made a list when I got home and it was longer than I expected: 28 total (includes all types of guns) Still have some holes to fill in but I'm working on it! FYI - I have many different guns chambered in the same caliber. 😉
I've heard the saying "Beware the man with one gun as he probably knows how to use it!" - maybe so..but he's also probably very boring. 😆

SO - How many DIFFERENT calibers do you own?

Here's my list:

.17HMR
.22LR
22 Creedmoor
.223 Wylde
6.5 Creedmoor
6.5 PRC
7mm Express
7mm Rem Mag
7SAUM
.30-30
.300 Win Mag
300 PRC
.32 cal
.350 Legend
9mm
.380 cal
.40 cal
.45 ACP
.410 ga
.44 mag
.450 Bushmaster
.45cal MZL
.50cal MZL
20ga

Last edited:
I literally funded 4 lathes, a Bridgeport mill, and $$$$ tooling with some of my weapons I sold. My kids have no desire for my collection. At least I can use my garage shop everyday more than I did the weapons I sold off. In addition, I enjoyed hot rodding the machines, VFDs, DROs, etc

View attachment 448690View attachment 448691View attachment 448692View attachment 448693View attachment 448694
I have toys like that. I wish I could do gunsmithing with them. Maybe one of these days.
I do reload for 28 different calibers.
David

Attachments

• 20190324_152229.jpg
    20190324_152229.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190324_152553.jpg
    20190324_152553.jpg
    869.4 KB · Views: 16
I have toys like that. I wish I could do gunsmithing with them. Maybe one of these days.
I do reload for 28 different calibers.
David

Nardini lathes are awesome machines, almost bought the baby brother to yours, a 1230.

Chambering is child's play to you guys who are accomplished machinist. I never operated any lathes till I was 5 years into retirement, that was 8 years ago when I purchased the 1236 and BP mill.

If you need any barrel drops to practice on, let me know.

Nez

Last edited:
I'll just say it again,,,I don't have as many as I want. I am accepting donations. Any firearm in any caliper/cartridge that is "unwanted" I will galdly give it a loving and caring home.
BTW my all time favorite caliper is .30 and I like ALL flavors of it.
Exactly why I try to refrain from local gun stores. Something always needing adopted. And when I leave. I feel bad for not being able to provide a loving home to the more unfortunate. It haunts me for weeks. There was a Rem 783 in 270 that has been haunting me. Not sure if I should go back. It was in a black synthetic stock. I know I should not be judgmental. But I do prefer wood.

Nice try ATF… Nice TRY!…..🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣
Issues brought out in Dr. Emerson's trial were that a database is maintained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) that de facto provides gun registration and includes names and addresses of virtually all gun owners in the United States. The BATF is widely perceived to be a rogue agency that openly ignores the constitutional rights of Americans and de facto gun registration is simply one more example. Most citizens probably remember the February 28, 1993, BATF massacre at Waco, Texas, (scroll down for kid's images) that, with the help of the FBI, killed more children than all the school shootings in the United States combined.
http://www.ejfi.org/emerson.htm