How many Brux fans...?

I have had all those mentioned above. One Brux in 6BR. Accuracy is just OK. But I had a ell of a time finding ogive touching the lands. Some shooters blame the barrel when gunsmithing may be the real problem.
The very best customer service I have ever had.. love my new 6 /284 in 1an 8 twist just ordered a 257. For a Roberts build.

I do like the B barrels Brux, Bartlien, Benchmark and really starting to like the Mullerworks I have several now all cut rifled and they are a stellar barrel

Brux
Bartlein
Rock Creek

I buy the first one I can find that fits the specs I'm looking for.
Rock Creek makes a nice #2 contour SS
Brux/RC #3 is about the same as Bartlein #2b

I have a 6mm AI Brux #5 contour that shoots in the mid to high .01's when I do my part. Easy to clean, quick break in and accurate is my experience

I have been very happy with Bartlien, Hart, Douglas premium. All will shoot better than I can. Easily .25 to .3 MOA. The Bartliens seem to clean up the easiest of the bunch. I don't know if that means they are lapped to a smoother finish or not??

I had a #5 contour, four groove, .284 stainless barrel. that a bought from a member here, on classified section. Chambered it in .280 rem, and screwed into M70 push feed action. Length was 26.5, had it crowned. It broke in in less then fifty, and shot 1/4 min groups,as long as I owned it, and still does to the fellow who bought it from me. Cleans nice, very smooth. Top rate to me. I'd buy another!

I have had 2 brux barrels. 1 chambered in 7mm08 on a rem model 7 action that is an absolute hammer and 1 on a 300wsm that shot so so. My only issue with them both is that they seem slower compared to my bartlien and krieger and both of them copper foul as bad as a factory barrel. Not in any way saying I wouldn't buy another but my go to any more is bartlien.

You should probably go with what your smith prefers (assuming you aren't DIY). He will have a better comfort, confidence and overall mindset when working on your gun.

You should probably go with what your smith prefers (assuming you aren't DIY). He will have a better comfort, confidence and overall mindset when working on your gun.
That sounds like sage advice (I feel that most Smiths will do a "better job" when they are working with components that they trust).
Luckily mine has a range of barrels. He's told me what a lot of others have said, there are a lot of really good barrels, and a few great barrels. He's very clear in telling me that 1) I'm a dummy for not always buying Bartlein and 2) I am a dummy for not buying heavier contour barrels because they will be easier to shoot and more consistent.
He's right, but I don't have horses to carry my rifle like he does and unlike him I have a family budget to consider. So, he's okay with Brux (and others). He chambered a lightweight Brux for a guy I know and it shoots really well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.