How many 30 calibers do I really need?

..only one, the plain Jane ho-hum .300 win mag will handle anything I can hit with it, no need to have all the clutter around....

I am embarrassed to say I forgot about all of my 3030 lever action rifles including my recently restored marlin model of 1893. I truly had a senior moment.oops

Attachments

• 532E9696-9F62-4F3B-97E3-93675935F3E3.jpeg
    532E9696-9F62-4F3B-97E3-93675935F3E3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
You should build a heavy long range 300 PRC something around 25 to 30 lbs you have plenty of light rifles build a heavy one

What is your intended use? For me, I hunt nothing larger than Whitetail deer. I have come to the conclusion I have A lot more rifles than I need.
I seem to prefer light field guns for practical hunting carrying.

Ruger model 77 30-06 is the largest 30 caliber I own & to be honest she is a quite a bit more than I need. Then there is a CZ 557 308 that Dad passed down that has not done much for me as of yet. Last 30 caliber I own is a CZ 527 in 300 Black out that I have more interest in than the previous 2, though I have never Hunted with & possibly never will.

Been really kicking around dumping 80% or more, of my rifles for simplicity sake.

6MM ARC, 6.5 Grendel & perhaps a 6.5 Creedmoor would amply cover my needs. Just may be satisfied with the bolt action CZ527 in 6mm ARC alone to be honest.
I too have been simplifying my inventory to only the guns that I choose to shoot frequently because I like them. I don't want any gathering dust or just being a "collectable investment". Sure there may be some caliber overlap or duplicates in the safe, but they are all active shooters. I don't have any family gifts or inherited items to be sentimental about, except for the first big game rifle I bought myself. That one still makes me smile every time. However, I have freed up enough space so that I can consider buying some new guns to play with; and that is something I do enjoy very much.