how far would you trust this rifle{part 2}

mr.big

VSSF-II in 204 Ruger with the Jewel 1.5 ounce trigger,and 8.5-25 LRT scope shooting 40 gr V-Maxes at 3800 fps averaging about .400 5 shot and around .300 for 3 shots any day any weather.
VSSF-II2042.jpg

VSSHFII204.jpg

group3.jpg

402654895.jpg

Ok I'll bite, I would probably take 450/500 range as max range on a calm day. You have the glass to do better if the time was spent on paper or jugs over various ranges and conditions, although that is a tiny bullet, I think its on the heavy end for caliber, correct? Nice looking rig too bad its not 220 Swift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Change those rings!! I hate Weaver rings...had them dent more than one scope. That's a LOT of glass to take a chance on the mounts.

@ 100 yards it appears to be doing well! You didnt mention intended target,wind reading ability or rangeing ability all of wich have nothin to do with the gun....just the outcome!

it has the floorplate that opens from the bottom if thats what you mean,and will hold 6 down plus one up.

I have shot it enough to know the 40 gr bullet will hold its own with the 22-250 or the Swift with 55 or less grain bullets,even in the wind.the V-Max has a BC of .290 at 3800++ in the 22`s you have to get up over the 60 gr bullets to get a BC of 290 and then you cant get close to 3800.

I`ve got myself on video somewhere if I can figure out how to post it hitting five 20 ounce Pepsi bottles at 400 as fast as I could run the bolt.

i don't know how far you can shoot that thing, shoot it and find out but please do us a favor and take that scope off of that thing! that's a great scope for a long range rig and with those 2 piece bases and weaver rings you're taking a chance on damaging that scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts