how far can a 300wm be heard ?

Hi, I'd like to know what do you guys think the ideal noise range of the 300wm is,
open field, moderate wind, no muzzle break... how far can the rifle be heard ?
thanks !

It, like most magnums can be heard for miles away echoing through the atmosphere.

Just out of curiosity....Why do you ask?

It, like most magnums can be heard for miles away echoing through the atmosphere.

Just out of curiosity....Why do you ask?

Thanks for the reply, I found this BLM land I can legally shoot in but I don't want to bother or even have to worry about bothering the private lands around it.

I'm unfamiliar with BLM land? Is that like a state wildlife management area?

Also, it won't matter if you disturb any other land or not, IMO, noise is just noise. However, you crack off a large magnum rifle and people around you are gonna know it. :D

I've been told that my A-Bolt 7Mag w/ BOSS, Accumark .257 Wby, and my Sendero 7mmSTW sound like Howitzers going off in the woods, by my buddies. LOL Those are my 3 main hunting rifles, and apparantly they are loud...:cool:

Thanks for the reply, I found this BLM land I can legally shoot in but I don't want to bother or even have to worry about bothering the private lands around it.

I hunt and shoot on BLM, BIA ans State owned ground. Shooting spot less than 100 yards from next door neighbor. Not a problem.

If BLM ground is remote the problem is less.

I wouldnt worry about it as long as you are legal distance away from any paved roads or houses

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.