How do YOU fire form?

This has thread has been helpful for me as well. My gunsmith should have my 25-06AI completed this Thursday. I have Nosler 25-06 brass and Peterson 270 brass, plenty of Blackjack 131 and Berger 133 gr bullets. I don't turn necks, but I am guessing I would need to turn the 270 necks... Fortunately I have plenty of powder, primers - so I am leaning towards fireforming with medium charge loads instead of COW methods. Will let you know how the fireforming process goes over the next month or so...

This has thread has been helpful for me as well. My gunsmith should have my 25-06AI completed this Thursday. I have Nosler 25-06 brass and Peterson 270 brass, plenty of Blackjack 131 and Berger 133 gr bullets. I don't turn necks, but I am guessing I would need to turn the 270 necks... Fortunately I have plenty of powder, primers - so I am leaning towards fireforming with medium charge loads instead of COW methods. Will let you know how the fireforming process goes over the next month or so...
How is that Peterson 270 brass?

I'm about 60 days behind you. I've heard the 133's are temperamental.

I figured this thread would help more than just myself. I'm glad it helped you !

I read about some outfit...maybe gunworks...not for sure exactly who...that made a steel "shotgun" case out of a barrel cutoff...then chambered it with same reamer as case being fired formed too...cream of wheat load with pistol powder...drop in "shotgun shell" and shoot it in old 12 gauge shotgun...perfect formed case...no mess in rifle...shotgun barrel sounds like super easy cleanup if a guy even needed to worry about it....I thought about hunting for a cheap shotgun at a estate sale or something just to try this.

Recent Posts