How do you drag game out?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by SavageHunter11, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:24 PM.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. SavageHunter11

SavageHunter11 Well-Known Member

That thing looks awesome. Almost makes me wish I had the terrain to use one. It's all flat, open, treeless plains where I am

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 4:57 PM
  2. YZ-80

YZ-80 Well-Known Member

Polaris 570.

aushunter1 likes this.
  3. deerhunter64

deerhunter64 Active Member

I use a sheet of slick hard plastic with metal grommets called a deer sleigher. Works pretty well. I think i have used it at least 6 times or so.

4. huntsman22

huntsman22 Well-Known Member

heck with dragging, too much work......Packwheel or Honey Badger wheel.

[​IMG]

there is a whole boned-out bull in there.....

5. Frog4aday

Frog4aday Well-Known Member

I use the same thing for elk and deer. Official name:
    DEER SLEIGH'R Magnum Game Sled
    You put the animal on it, tie it 'closed', then pull the rope and slide the animal out. The plastic is slippery making it easy to pull and the plastic is tough (thick) so it isn't really bothered by being drug along with a deer or elk in it.
    upload_2019-6-12_23-1-8.png upload_2019-6-12_23-2-32.png

6. rbirch222

rbirch222 Active Member

7. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

Super idea! Several times it would have real handy in nasty stuff. I always had to do'em the hard way, on my back. I now avoid places that might harbor a bull, LOL.

I've used the deer sleighs and sleds and they help, if it's flat or downhill all the way. Not good if you have much uphill to traverse.

May have to get one, so my sons can can winch me out of the mountains.

8. Dosh

Dosh Well-Known Member

Used one of these on a friend's Az antelope. It worked very well on the wet grass for the 1 1/2 mile tow. Wonder how they perform on rocky terrain?

9. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

I pulled several mulies a couple of miles over pretty rocky terrain with mine. They scratched up a good bit, some deep, but didn't split or tear. They are tough and last for years. The moulded sleds track more evenly, because of the moulded in rails on bottom, but not as tough as the wrap around sleigh.

10. tmmcampbell

tmmcampbell Well-Known Member

Lol I thought real men just start a fire and eat it right where it dropped. ;)

PCarr, Vortex!, idcwby and 6 others like this.
  11. jimbires

jimbires Well-Known Member

I've drug the bottoms out on a couple of these dead sleds going through rough places . they are still better than nothing . a light snow and they work great .

12. SMK1000plus

SMK1000plus Well-Known Member

"Fire? We don't need no stinking fire!" :D

13. joseph singleton

joseph singleton Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I like it ,thanks for your input and pic,great hunt by the way.

14. AZShooter

AZShooter Well-Known Member

We bone out our deer. When it comes to elk I always bring the cart. It can handle a whole cow elk and has done so six times that I can remember. Two people can move the cow quite easily. (if it were a bull I think I'd cut the animal in half) A rope loop in front is added for the second person.

Made this when I taught auto shop 20 years ago. The sides are made from an old satellite dish. Rear handle can be remove easily for packing in vehicle. Rear wheels are quick release wheel chair hubs with heavy duty BMX spokes, rim and tires. Front swivel wheels are from harbor freight. Kids had a blast pushing the biggest kid in class up and down the hall trying to dial in the caster angle for front wheels so they didn't do the wiggle often seen with shopping carts. I also use it to move two bales of hay down a steep hill to our hay barn.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:33 AM
    tony d willIiams likes this.