How dishonest is published data!

I will state that Berger made a typo and came forth with it about their 90gr 22cal in 223rem @ 2.260". Way toooooooooooooooo short for a long bullet. Having may 26cal bullets I decided to do some pre 6.5prc coal (2.830" max) for upcoming loads. I started with Sierra. 107mk stated in the book @ 2.955" o_O . Maybe 20 thou inside the neck not counting the boat-tail. Their 123mk were not much any better at the same length. None of the 2 could fully be seated (bearing surface) in the neck. Next was Nosler. Same issues with their data on oal. Their 123cc needed to be 2.800 and 130rdf needed to be 2.830" (worked for me). Lapua was on the block next. 108scenar (no data at VV), but the 144fmj was fine. On to Hornady. Their 123sst listed 2.900", again toooooo long. The 130eld-m was closer and I could shorten it 120 thou less and be fine. Regardless of my mag limitations the data was wrong on most parts unless you want to give it a very tight crimp!
Honestly I dont pay much attention to listed coals. Many of them just list the saami max as coal. What matters is where that bullet hits the lands, what is the mag length and how much neck is in the case.

I state it as pushing by marketing. Many other manufacturers do the same thing unfortunately. I'll admit "dishonest" is an overreach/stretch on my part!
Not at all claiming there isn't dishonest or deliberately biased "data" - just that this particular case doesn't even seem misleading so much as completely wrong, out to lunch to
Use my term from before.

I'll straight up call Nosler out for making all weatherby cartridges look weaker than they are in their data, no doubt to make their newer Nosler cartridges look better when for the most part they don't do a thing the old wby rounds can't do except ditch the belt.

And it's more conspicuous that their mainstream cartridge data is honest and full power compared to many sources. Their .270 and .300 win mag date matches my own experiences, showing the true potential of these rounds compared to factory ammo. Neither of those are competing with the 27 or 30 Nosler the way the 270 wby and 300 wby and .30-378 are.