How Did I do

gmcguy

How did I do guys. Picked up a stainless, laminate stocked unfired factory r700 in 7 RUM with what looks to be a vais installed. I paid 600, did I do ok?

Lucky! I thought I picked up a good deal yesterday! Friend from work sold me a Savage .270 that hasn't been fired, no scope mounted with the Accutrigger for $200.00. Of course it is getting re-barreled and is my new project rifle. I was actually thinking about the 7RUM or STW. Good job buddy.gun)

You really scored man. Im not really a remington guy, and had no intention of buying something so large, but I saw it for sale and thought it was a good deal so I bought it. I found one on gunbroker for 780, so I guess I didnt do too bad.

You got a good gun at a good price.
I notice it is NEW.
I just bought a used weatherby mark v 300 weatherby at a good price.
How did I do?
Don't know yet until I shoot the rifle.
If they shoot well we did great, if not I may have bought a good stainless action to build on.

Last edited:
You got a new gun, how bad could it be. :D

Good job, that 7RUM is on my list.

Speaking of deals, the Cabelas in Hartford Conn. has a Weatherby(Jap) in 300 Roy riding in a McMillan molded wooland camo stock for $599.

That weatherby is a deal, and I thought I got a good deal.
I called them and it's been sold!
I was going to buy it!

Last edited:
Couldn't go too far wrong. The only question I would have is how does the throat look? The 7RUM won't take too many rounds without some wear and tear. Could be why it went so cheap??........Rich

Its unfired. Im seriously debating on selling it as I think its too much gun for what I need. Anybody want a deal?

That sure is a great deal! With the brake on it, why woould you think it's too much for you? -unless you dont like brakes.

If you want to sell it, put it on gunbroker and start it at the price you got it for. You should be able to do a good bit better and worse case, get your back.

Mark

Im concerned with the noise. Ive been reading that if I dont wear plugs and muffs that Ill eff my hearing up with it. I wear plugs when I hunt but Im not going to drag muffs around too.

Im concerned with the noise. Ive been reading that if I dont wear plugs and muffs that Ill eff my hearing up with it. I wear plugs when I hunt but Im not going to drag muffs around too.

I agree with you. Brakes work for a lot of people, they just arent for me. I like recoil and it does not bother me or my accuracy. I shoot just as well from the bench with a .300 RUM as a I do a .308 Win.

If you have good ear plugs, an occasional shot in the field should not hurt. I dont like brakes either and shoot an un-braked 300 RUM. I use a slip-on on the bench and it helps a lot. I shot it a couple of weeks ago with no slip-on and wearing a Carhart coat and it was fine. Technique is very important. You need to have the butt right in the pocket and firm.

Last edited:
If you have good ear plugs, an occasional shot in the field should not hurt. I dont like brakes either and shoot an un-braked 300 RUM. I use a slip-on on the bench and it helps a lot. I shot it a couple of weeks ago using with no slip-on and wearing a Carhart coat and it was fine. Technique is very important. You need to have the butt right in the pocket and firm.

Im a small framed person (6'2, 145lbs), and some folks seem to think because of that, my body rolls with recoil more. Which definetly goes back to recoil effecting everyone differently. All my rifles are magnums, and my larger older brother, sticks with .22 centerfires. I have a lot of fun out of that...lol

My wife uses a slip-on Limsaver on her 7mm RM Ruger. Works great for her !

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts