How come real smart guys don't use paragraphs?

Probably because they just get on a tear and their minds are running so far ahead of their fingers it's just a game of catchup.

On BB's the lack of paragraphing by people who post walls of text makes for unpleasant reading.
I know my usual punctuation sucks but at least I'm trying to keep my post short

If y'all got the drift of the text then the op has has effectively communicated..... I was once married to a middle school language arts teacher whom drove me crazy with all her correcting of the use of my wrong pronunciations of words. Even though I did have her proof read any important reports I disseminated. Maybe some of use are a little lazy at times.

I can see Hugnot's humor in this thread. I used to nit-pick when reading but have become less concerned. When in the military, I received a letter (Long before cell phones) from a cousin of mine. I corrected his Gramer and misspelling, as a joke and returned it back to him. He never wrote to me again. It's fun to air this stuff out on general discussion and laugh about it. It is not meant to hurt feelings.

I love it when there are no periods. Not only is it one giant paragraph, but the longest sentences I've read. Makes my head hurt and hard to read lol. Easy to just to move on instead of reading it.
I'm the worlds worst but I'm not jumping back and forth on my phone to hit a period or a question mark so I guess if thats all the op has in his life that makes his butt hurt I guess it will have to hurt David

I have had some absolutely brilliant engineers work for me with degrees from some of the most prestigious technical schools in the country.......Yet their writing ability was atrocious.
I completely agree - I employ a bunch of engineers and their writing skills are atrocious. The use of the passive voice irritates the hell out of me.

Where I went to school we all had to take some kind of English course for all four years. I studied civil engineering and was not a fan of that policy. Years later I realized I rarely used my engineering skills and was thankful I was forced to write all four years.