How are you new members finding us?

I have been on the sight for maybe a year now. I found the sight by typing in long range hunting on a search engine. What a breath of fresh air. I am so sick of hearing about how unethicle it is to shoot past even 300 yards. I have been killing deer out around 1000 yards for eight years now and not telling many people about it. My hunting budy is a swat sniper, and we have both enjoyed it for some time now. I shoot deer at 5 to 50 yards with a bow, 25 to 150 with blackpowder, 50 to 100 with a 44 mag and hunting with a rifle was getting ----well not very much fun. Long range hunting has put the excitement back into deer hunting for me. After all how hard is it to get within 100 yards of a deer, and how hard is it to shoot to 100 yards with a scoped deer rifle? Great site.

blame it on jamison
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I certainly find the caliber of conversation much better than other boards! well done to the management team and members here.

Jay

I typed in longrange hunting into my search engine. I'm new to the sport, but have the interest for somtime. I always like to research everything I can before I put it to practice. I can see this site getting me to spend some serious money
smile.gif
We're putting out our 1st 1000 yd. gong in a few months, should be fun. After reading this site for a while and learning the physics, ideas, and practices you guys use; now I just to put some to use. Thanks for all the info and the excellent site.

was looking for info on long range wildcats and more specificly the big .22's and googled you guys, have been here every day for the past 2 weeks

I found the site through dogpile search engine. like the site so far. I'm thinking about buying lr off site, is there any guidlines,policies, or securities?
smile.gif

I can't remember how I found this site but I can put a link on my site if the moderators want to help get more people. I like it a lot here. Lot's of good info and people!

Your site was recommended by the New Zealand Deerstalkers Association magazine.
My particular interest is in hunting tahr in our Southern Alps. As these critters live on the top of mountains, we usually have to climb a few thousand feet to get at them, & the shooting is often at long range. Hence my interest in all the stuff you experts have to say. Keep it up.

KenL

Welcome.

I may be visiting NZ with my wife this coming late December. I will be shooting pictures, though, not tahr!

Hi Len
I would advise concentrating on the South Island depending on the time available and your particular interests.
The scenery; fishing and hunting are all outstanding. December is obviously in the middle of summer there and it can be quite hot [35 degrees C on occasion] or snowing at the other exception.
APB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.