How are you new members finding us?

i learned from a friend i shoot with.

i've shot longrange varmints for years,
2 years ago i decided to move up to bigger bores and MORE powder.
my latest project is a 338x300RUM on a Neskia single shot action, 30" Hart barrel, McMillan A3 stock.

I too came over here from accurate reloading after reading the match king thread. I love to shoot long range target, but I doubt I'll ever get out west to hunt long range.

In Wisconsin there are few places where we can shoot any distance, at least where I've been hunting.

The best part of this site is all the knowledge available for the asking about handloading and gun building.

Found it via a search of "long range hunting" .i have been lurking for a while and enjoy learning from the experiences posted here. Thanks

[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: bull ]

First found this site when it was new & not a lot happening,sorta lost track for a while.In the mean time I built a 22-250 8twist throated for 75gAmaxes & purchased 2 States Arms rifles in 375&50BMG.
WyoWhisper got the GGVG board hopping with a long range post not long ago & I was reminded about this site.Its grown a lot since I first found it,wish I had kept track of it better as I have a lot of ketching up to do=CJ

[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: Mach V ]

Found you on the campfire.I've hunted for 28 years by walking/stalking etc. but my knees are starting to complain. SO I may need to learn something new.

I've been lurking here off and on for several months. I was given the link during a heated discussion of Shooting coyotes at long range on Predator Masters.

I was told that with my attitude toward long range hunting, I might be better off here. I never bothered to tell them that it was the Predator Master board founder who first got me interested in shooting at long range.

Reading post on Benchrest.com, and they ripped a guy about posting he shot a crow at 500 yards. One poster politel;y suggested your board as more for hunting. And put up a link.

I enjoy reading the info, and have been helped by some of the folks here already.
A very nice site.

Russ

I saw a mention of the site on the 'reloadbench.com'. Interesting stuff so far....
smile.gif

just stepped over from SNIPERS HIDE,it's always nice to have a second home.

I posted a message on huntamerica or AR, I forgot which, about long range HUNTING and was overwhelmed with people wanting to " draw and quarter" me! LOL out of all those negative replies I found ONE post that was helpful and referred me to this site. My THANKS go out to whoever that was that posted this addy!

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: Huntaholic ]

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.