How are you new members finding us?

Did a google search on some so called "excessively owerbore, totally useless cartridges that burn barrels faster than powder", perhaps 30-378 or 6.5-300Wby. Found this site, were those horrible calibers were very useful, accurate, and, most of all, in use. Have followed LRH since then (1999?), but have not had much to contribute with myself. AKI

Unlike most people who found this site by search engine or links from other sites, I was told about it by old-fashioned word of mouth. Thanks to Meathead, I spend most of my on-line time learning from the most knowledgable and friendly shooters in this great country! Thanks for all the useful info.

Have seen reference to your site on the Hide and S.C.
Glad I decided to hang out.
Great site guys.
RedMan*
grin.gif

My memory is good, just very short...don't know for sure. I'd guess it was a link from another site, either Loadyourown or Accuratereloading. Happy to have found it and have posted the link several times elsewhere.

I found out about it through a friend. Still new to anything longer than 800 yards. Some friends and I shoot on some propery of mine for the thrill of hitting something so **** far away. My wife thinks I am insane. But I still enjoy it. Thanks for the great site.

.. I think I found it thru Wyo's flame fest (during the "if you can see it,you can hit it" era) over on Go Go Varmint Go .. I don't even remember the jist of the original post.. There's a great buncha guys there but some are quite opinionated (like everywhere else) and that's their right, I guess.. I've been varminting out to around the 500 yard mark so far but am highly interested in stepping on out.. And I do catch "x" amount of flack from some folks about it when deer are the intended target,tho'.. I'd never attempt this w/o loads of practice first.. I've heard the old "if a deer takes one step" routine more than I care to remember and have just about given up trying to discuss this stuff with anyone local.. It's good to have a place to get info and seek advice from the experienced.. Thanks Len..!! Thanks all.!! d:^) JiNC

It's Boyd's fault as usual...
grin.gif

Actually, I happened to be surfing 24HourCampfire and found that majorly loooooooooong flamefest about LR.
grin.gif

Got steered over here. Since I'm a moderator at huntchat, I asked the big cheese to start a LR forum to help spread the gospel.
He spoketh and IT was done.
wink.gif

After that Boyd let me shoot Killer at the last 02 Williamsport shoot and I'm hooked. Met Darryl and Baldeagle there also.
Good folks.
There and here.

If I remember correctly I was searching for reviews on the Tasco Super Sniper and a link to LRH came up in the search.

I have been coming back ever since.

Did not buy the scope though.

Rgds

Internet search for .300 Winchester Magnum. Always looking for ideas, or tips to improve the performance of my beloved Ruger M77 MKII in .300 Win mag.

One of your fine members over at Sniper Country's Duty Roster pointed me over here.

Looking forward to some more good reading!

Thanks -
cool.gif

I bought the "Point Blank 2 Long Range Hunting"
tape from Robert Hart Gunsmith at the Harrisburg outdoor show. This site was listed on the tape. An awesome tape.
shocked.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.