How are you leveling your anti cant device???

It's a waste of money. Does not matter if your rifle is level, just the cross hairs. Mount your rifle at a 45* as long as the cross hairs are vertical.

I use a system that is probably overkill but the last half a dozen rifles I have set up mechanically on the bench in my basement, all field tested to perfect alignment using a tall target test without the need to make adjustments.

I start out with the rifle in the stable bench vise(Tipton). With a vertical plumbed line on the wall about 5 yards away.

I level the rifle and scope using a Wheeler level kit, one on the scope, one on the action rails. At the same time I mount the ECD bore alignment devise from Brownells to confirm bore alinement against the plumb line on the wall. All three levels are lined up.

Once lined up, I carefully tighten the scope rings.

I then mount my Cabelas/Bushnell Optucal Collimator that has a large MOA grid so that the vertical center of the grid is lined up with the scope's vertical crosshair. With the rifle secure in the vise I elevate the turret 30 MOA and observe the alignment of the two lines through the range. If the lignment is off, it will show up by angling off center. If this is off, i adjust the scope. This happened once with a scope that had a misaligned crosshair. I also test the scope at the same time for precise turret movement throughout the range. I count the clicks.(discovered a bad Mk 4 doing this).

If all tests out to my liking I mount my scope level bubble to the combined Wheeler and ECD level.

I will then confirm in the field with a plumbed tall target at exactly 100 yards to set to zero, test vertical aligment, and actual turret accuracy.

Sounds like overkill but it has proven to work me and get all my scope testing done in one process. Also, I hate to mess around trying to align things up in the field.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.