How accurate is ONX?

I have zero issues taking a line dispute up the ladder, we had one out here where the ranch tried to claim several boundaries, painted them up and patrolled them the whole bit till Onx and they were forced to remove the orange and drive line post on the line and paint them orange to show where their real line was!
That is a different situation that I have also seen. However that vast majority of landowners in my experience will let you know exactly where their property boundary is. Unless their fence on public land blocks access or something like that, I respect their line. The only way I would take it up the chain is if a landowner is trying to get away with something and they wouldn't respond to a letter or phone call about the fence. I wouldn't **** someone off who had a good reason to put their fence where they did. And when the local warden tells you that the fence is the line, not sure what you can do about it.

The lines for block land could very well match the fence, they can make anything the boundary and lease it in any way they want BUT there is a definitely a line between private and public lands. I've built all kinds of fences of the line because it was a better spot and the ranch worked it out with the BLM so the fence could go in a better spot but it however did not change the legal boundary line, just because they have a warden buffaloed doesn't mean it has to be that way.
There is one great spot I've killed a few easy elk that the BLM corners out across the road and since the fences follow the roads it all looks private, the elk love to bed there and guys will park there and watch them, always fun to just pull up and smoke one, everyone's eyes get big like we just screwed up, the game warden won't even respond, sometime I'll text in advance to give them a heads up!! We have excellent wardens, I e seen them issue a land owners a ticket for hunter harassment over things like this.

I hunted a spot over east.My gps showed private to follow the wood line, but at one end it went right uo ridge about 500 yards. The elk would move from ranch land below to the FS,guys where at border LINE-poaching. I asked the warden, who questioned me about others that where turned in.He replied, "I consider the timber the border" Seen wardens view things in different ways, in my years out

I like it, but the property lines can be a smidge off-- see my pic below-- the red lines are where onx says the prop lines are, but if you look at the sat imaging, you can clearly see the fence lines/prop lines are a bit off.
Sometimes roads (mainly dirt/fr County roads) are off too. On my map pic below, that dotted white road is 3 properties over, so it's not even close to where it should be)
I've also noticed it takes them some time to update property owner info when a transfer takes placeView attachment 307982
Many times it is the fences that are off kilter. Back when the fence was built there may not have been gps, etc.
Also, the onfo in ONX is obtained from county records/mapping so it can only be updated as fast as the county updates. Same goes for accuracy.

I love OnX. I use it in multiple States. You do have to use it to identify all the features. I love the ability to ID previous clearcuts and fire areas. Help me a bunch on my WY elk hunt his year

There are many areas in Wy that the property lines do not follow the fences. It seems some fences were installed long ago, probably before handheld gps were available and the folks putting up the fences sometimes just followed the easiest route. We were hunting a section of land that was checkered with private and BLM land. We used a road that was ungated and had forrestry service numbers at the start. But we later found out that the upper part of that road went onto private land - ungated and unfenced with no markings or signs. A ranch manager showed up as we were unloading for our hunt and informed us of where the boundary of their property was. The fence we were using as a guided started at the road intersection, but followed the ridge - and gradually became several hundred yards inside the real property line. There were no private property signs anywhere that we could see, but at the start of the road, the property manager showed us one that had been driven over. I returned to this spot two years later when I drew another tag and had purchased ON X and it clearly showed the correct property line. I now use ON X on every hunt that I go on, and use it to mark as many features and discoveries as I can. the offline maps work very well.

I have onx and the 3d maps only works when Im in service - not in the woods , on my offline downloaded maps - is this the way it is or am I missing something? - does gohunt or basemap have 3d maps that work offline ?

Sure the guy above figured out by now.You download maps you want and then use the one you need ,off line. I spent a month archery hunting a area a while back that was mostly private, and BM.The fences pretty much all matched my maps and I covered 160 miles that season. I love the line distance tool, or pre set tracks for access in dark

I think the price of OnX is worth it. The GPS is very accurate. It's a tool I couldn't live without now. With that being said, I sometimes wonder about their property lines and non federal/state public land listings. I don't take their land listings as gospel.

I think the price of OnX is worth it. The GPS is very accurate. It's a tool I couldn't live without now. With that being said, I sometimes wonder about their property lines and non federal/state public land listings. I don't take their land listings as gospel.
Yep, it's showing someone has encroached upon some family property and I'll have to have it officially surveyed.