How accurate is ONX?

OnX, is very much worth the price! I can can send/share an exact pin location, to someone else who has OnX. OnX's 3D mapping is nice touch, but my gaming PC at home, doesn't like when I put it on 3D mode so much, I can't figure it out. That said, GoHunt's mapping system seems to be a bit better, but way more expensive and I don't require their license service, I can do that myself.

I've used onx on phone and GPS..
Have seen reverse direction to truck change drastically when I was hunting around volcanic rock...
If I had continued on the direction gps gave me I missed truck by 1/2 mile......as it kept telling me truck is straight ahead at 600yds....well..i knew I hadn't climbed that mountain...truck was 600yd south of me..not west......maybe I was walking a gold field.....

There are several options in this market space now....onX, BaseMap, Hunt Stand, go Hunt. All are very similar, but there are some feature and price differences.

I started using Onyx maps about 5 years ago when the unit we were hunting bordered a lot of private property. It has been worth every penny to keep us off private property and legal. It has also opened up a few little public pockets we thought were private property due to fence lines. It auto renews every year. I have noticed the property owners don't update very quickly but still very valuable. Highly recommend it. I really like that I can sit at my laptop and scout, add way points then go to the field and then go check them out to see if there is water or meadows as it shows on the map. Great tool and when you download maps to the your phone you can use it even when you are out of cell service.

I've been using it for three years. Im a big fan of it and it has worked well for me. I have the chip in my GPS and the app on my phone. I love the ability to preload maps for use when you're offline/out of cell range and it's easy to use. Good luck.

One of the best things about OnX, (can't speak to other apps) is that if you shoot something in an out of the way, blowdown covered, bear-infested, jungle on the back side of a steep hill, and you have the right friends, you can send them a waypoint to the exact location. Whether or not they 'accidentally' miss the alert will depend on how close of friends they are.

I use OnX for two things One is to keep me where I belong when hunting to save me from a trespass ticket and maybe an A@$ eating.
the second is, I'm the fire chief for our town and the surrounding fire district. In my area we have BLM, DNR, CITY, USBR, State Park and Private land ownership. When ordering resources to help fight fires you better know where you're at! Our town and fire district can't afford the use of a helicopter that run over $2000.00 per hour, at least not for long.

Is any one these talked about easier or harder to use?Electronic gizmos need to be simple for me.
I'm brain dead when it comes to these things too and If I can figure it out anybody can. Mine did go crazy once and i had to reboot it, but no prior information was lost. U-tube is a wonderful tool when asking advice or help.

In wyoming we found many property lines not adhering to fence lines. It seems they used the easiest terrain to put up the fences. We found fences as far as 75 yds from where the property actually started. ON X sometimes caught this and sometimes didn't. Should there be a dispute, the property owner has the duty to put up signs to remove all doubt. Without signs or accurate fences or cultivated crops, the courts will most likely rule in favor of the hunter.

One feature of On-X and Basemap that I have used heavily is the land ownership. While I said it doesn't update that frequently, I suspect that is court records.
I have used the ownership to track down owners to gain permission to hunt on their land, and also for real estate to approach people to buy their land. I've done it through tax records too, and through either map, it's a heck of a lot easier.
Both are accurate enough, but if you think you'll use it to fence your property in some high dollar real-estate, think again. You'll need to stake your property for that.

In wyoming we found many property lines not adhering to fence lines. It seems they used the easiest terrain to put up the fences. We found fences as far as 75 yds from where the property actually started. ON X sometimes caught this and sometimes didn't. Should there be a dispute, the property owner has the duty to put up signs to remove all doubt. Without signs or accurate fences or cultivated crops, the courts will most likely rule in favor of the hunter.
How did you determine this? We're you standing at stone or cap? I'm not sure I agree. It's the hunters responsibility to know where they are. Ignorance isn't a good tactic when saying well I thought.