How about those speer bullets?

:)well I loaded up some of those 190 gr.Speer bullets with Reloader 15 this morning..5 touching the lands-5 off 20 thousands and 5 another .020 off so they were.040 off the lands...Went down to the club..**** it was cold and windy..I almost came back home,but stayed to shoot anyway...Only shot at 100 yards..

Anyway the load with the bullet touching was the most accurate.4 in a 1/2 inch cluster and 1 out of course..The other loads were fair but I want tighter groups if I am going to compete at 250.....

I am going to try them over again,as I do not think it was a fair test with the wind and frozen fingers...But I was impressed with them for the firt time ever using them..So I may be buying some more....Just wanted to pass this on to anyone interested....John:cool:

I have had mixed results with their rifle bullets, but some darned great accuracy from their handgun ones. Unfortunately they dropped the half jacketed SWC's from their line.

It seemed that usually the boat tail on some of their bullets was the culprit with the same weight FB bullet shooting great in this or that rifle. Not that the BT couldn't be made to shoot well just it was WAY more touchy about things than the standard spitzer.

As far as shooting tiny groups I would stick with the FB designs and try not to push them at the top end loads. Just my experiences with them they seemed to have a bit softer jacket material than some others did, and possibly fouled the barrel a bit more easily.

For hunting they were dynamite on everything I put them on. I never was concerned with the exposed lead tips as I never found they were damaged too much with the standard loads I used. Possibly in a magnum round or some of the top end loads they might be though.

I just purchased a couple of boxes of the .257 120gr Spitzers to try in my 25-06 AI and my daughters standard version.

Good luck with your loads I hope they do well for you.

Ihey mayhave dropped the 190 gr match bullet as well..I didn't see it on their site..

Oh well...I have enough to do the test over again anyway.....I appreciate all the replies I have been getting...John:)

yeah I have tried them as well and they are a real good
bullet.I had the speers and figured I would try them and
see how they worked out...So I probably will be back using the
sierra bullets..John

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.