How’s this for a reloading bench?

Think I am gonna use the idea. With some small tweaks. Might weld a whole frame out of 1.5" square tubing and go to 3 layers. The adjustable legs would be easy enough with some all-thread and a plate. Most of which I have on hand.

I love the shelf with the scale, trickler and thrower. I picked that up from this very photo and could never go back to having that stuff on the bench. 36-37" height is the way to go.

Never noticed the homemade gun vice down there though, that's pretty crafty!

Last edited:
Being only 5'9" and wife being 5'4", I think 36" will be perfect too.
The only crapper about this is I gotta put a Murphy bed in the other wall for when company shows up.

That's one good looking bench, wish I had the patience and woodworking skills to build one that nice. I made a quick change adapter for my bench years ago (I work better with metal), and it serves me well. Here's a video of it:
Watch "Quick Change Adapter" on YouTube

That's one good looking bench, wish I had the patience and woodworking skills to build one that nice. I made a quick change adapter for my bench years ago (I work better with metal), and it serves me well. Here's a video of it:
Watch "Quick Change Adapter" on YouTube

Holly Cow!, That's nice.
Is that metal all milled or flat stock welded together?
Nicely done, sir.
With the metal frame under I am planing on, this wouldn't be that difficult to incorporate. Kinda make a Hybrid.
I have decent metal skills and very good with wood.
Is the top MDM ?

Holly Cow!, That's nice.
Is that metal all milled or flat stock welded together?
Nicely done, sir.
With the metal frame under I am planing on, this wouldn't be that difficult to incorporate. Kinda make a Hybrid.
I have decent metal skills and very good with wood.
Is the top MDM ?

Thanks. It was just some scraps I had laying around the shop, so I figured out what I needed, cut to size, and bolted together. looking back at it now, I think I would have welded it together, but it works great so no need to complicate things......

That bench you show is what my own solid timber bench was based off of.
Mine is made from solid Australian hardwood Eucalypt called Victorian Ash.
Bench top is 3.5" thick, 24" deep and 6' long. I made the shelving at the back from fancy furniture grade Vic Ash that is 1" thick and 12" wide with 3 compartments. There are shelves underneath too made from the same timber. I could have gone 36" deep on the bench top, but room was an issue in the original spot I had planned for. Anyway, even with minimal bench space it works very well for me.
Legs are 4" square made by screwing 2 2x4's together, it is bolted/screwed/glued and attached to the brick wall of the house.
I run 2 presses, 1 at either end of the bench, a RCBS Turret on the right and a RCBS RockChucker Supreme at the other end. A Redding 3BR or RCBS Uniflow/Harrel can be utilised just left and behind the Turret press.
I'm sure I have posted pics of my bench in the past here.

Cheers.
:D

Decided to start a bench build as soon as I bet a current remodel project finished. Promised the " muzzle brake" new bed room and master bath before Christmas.
Will make new thread when enough is done. Thanks for posting the video
Johnny_V. It's gonna be a twist from that in my original post, yours and some tweeks I have in mind (just enough to mess it up):rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.