Houston

Thunder Gun Range outside of Conroe. They have a 300 yrd range. That is the best I have to offer. I go there to pratice and go to a spot in the national forest to get to 500. Hope that helps.

Search for Bayou Rifles or Bayou Rifle Club. It's on County Rd 57, between Rosharon and Houston. No more than 20 miles south of Houston. I used to shoot there, but haven't been on the range in yrs. I've heard that they have a 1000 yd range now.

About 45 miles south of Houston on FM 521 just north of Brazoria is Greenwood Gun Club. We have rifle ranges up to 600 yds.

Tom

Last edited:
I shoot at Bayou rifles range south of highway 6 off 288. They have 100,200 and 300 open to any member. Then they go out to 1000 yards but you have to qualify. Basicly they want to make sure you and your gun can get that far out. Also no 50 bmg or 338 L.M. Great range, usally pretty quiet.

Took my own advice and got on their website. Easy to find, and very well laid out, but you must have to be a member to access range rules. Specifically, if they bar the .338 LM, I expect the ban includes all of the big .338's, and maybe even the smaller ones? I would like to shoot a Wby .338 x .378 at 1K, but can't afford to drive to Mineral Wells or Raton just to scratch that itch. I don't think civilians can shoot at Bullis anymore.

Wattsdk, thanks for the info.

Squeeze don't jerk, If I didn't have Greenwood, I'd join Bayou. It's about a 70 mile round trip, but I could do it once in a while.

Tom

I should have mentioned that Greenwood bans .50 Browning rifles. We can shoot any of the .338's though, but only out to 600 yds.

Tom

Tell me about Greenwood, I have my smith building me a 338. Lapua. But can't shoot it at Bayou. Were is Greenwood, How far can a person shoot. Is it private or pay by the day???

It's a private club. Annual memberships are available for an initiation fee and annual dues. Check out the website for info on how to join. We have 2 ranges. A shotgun range on FM 2004 east of Business state hwy 288 and rifle, pistol, cowboy action, and concealed carry qualification ranges on FM 521 just north of Brazoria. Also there is an excellent archery range. Several disciplines hold monthly matches, including Hi-power rifle. The big range has 100yd, 200 yd, and 300yd static targets, and 200, 300, and 600 yd firing points with pull targets for NRA Match rifle and Service rifle matches. 600 yds is our maximum range.

Every year, I renew several club memberships. This is the one I would keep above any of the other ones. I've been a member for 40+ yrs. It's worth the money.

I hope this helps. Tom

American shooting Center. Westheimer and 6 area. You can shoot out to 600. Got a great smith in the spring area as well.

Texan, my youngest brother quit shooting out there. He said they kept adding so many rules, he finally gave up. It was handy for him too.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.