House cat distress call

jmason

Does anyone know where I can get a "Mouth" house cat distress call? Has anyone used this type of call with success?

get yourself a primos cat nip. bite down on the soft rubbery tube of the mouth peice about halfway back from the opening, then blow as soft or aggressive as you like. this makes an awesome distress housecat sound. I just killed a yote a couple of weeks ago using it, & we have success quit often using housecat distress on the fox pro. Especially if there's housing developements in the boundaries of there territory.

+1 for the catnip. Great call. Not as loud for windy conditions, but plays havoc on yotes and cats when they can hear it.

good luck.

J.mason, it you find out about the house cat call, ask if it works, and when ive, tried here , nada

J.mason, it you find out about the house cat call, ask if it works, and when ive, tried here , nada

Gunner- I just wanted it for another tool in my box. It is a quieter call so I use it when I first set up. The "cat meow" hasn't brought anything in for me yet, but it has worked for me as a distress call.

I think i just got the answer to my question on why the house cat doesent work here, the closest town is 75 miles away and other than bob cats we dont have a cat on the place

Can't you just get a real cat a pair of leather gloves and some vice grips.

Last edited:
That's funny killahog. Now that i know yotes eat little kitties i don't think i'll shoot them anymore:D:D

tonyscat001-1.jpg
I thought I would share a picture of my cat and my dog. The cat dont help with my calling any more but does work well for a decoy.

Come on Wampum........get a little creative.

This is all you need.

One cat, on gunny sack. Two pieces of heavy cord about 3 feet long.

Put the cat in the sack. Use the cord to tie the top shut. Find a branch several feet off of the ground. Tie the cords at least a foot apart on the branch.

Then comes the secret part.

Wind 'er up.....tight.

Let'er go and head to your shootinspot. About the time you get there that cat will start yawling. (Its a horrible sound). The thing will wind and unwind for quite awhile. About a normal set time.

The cat seems to be good for only a few of these sessions and the sack gets pretty stinkin' some times. Stinkin' enough that you kind of wanna leave the sack and the cat behind.

If the cat happens to be one of you wife's favorites and you have to bring it back, be very care when turning it loose. It won't have any idea or even care where up is and up yours it may run when released. Do this out side so the wife can't see. It seems wives are a bit sensitive about this kind of thing.

BTW, it really does work.

Roy- Thanks for the advise, but I think I'll leave it. Unfortunately my little ones love our cats(not to mention the ungodly wrath my wife wife would inflict). Me on the other hand, well I'd like them better if they were skinned like killahog's.

Waitin for those berries to get ripe. I'm gonna take the kids over to that berry patch you were tellin me about.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.