Houge And Bell/carlson Stock

mongocanfly

Has Anyone Had Any Exprience With The Houge And B & C Pillar Bedded Stocks With The Aluminum Skeleton Running Through It. I Noticed After I Put My Bipod On The Other Day That The Slightest Twist With My Trigger Hand Caused The Factory Forearm To Twist And It Comes In Contact With The Barrel On My Model 70 . I Am Partial To The Houge, I Really Like The Rubber Overmold. Thanks

Mongo-
Okay, I check out your other posts to see if you were new to long range, young and poor, or just stirring up some conversation; I see you've purchased a good scope and have commented on some hand loads, so I will assume you're a hunting fanatic looking to reach out a little further (let me know if I'm wrong, it won't hurt my feelings since you didn't give me much information to work with).

You've purchased a good scope, a Monarch gold 2.5-10 and you've realized that a flimsy factory stock is now holding you back – been there, but don't settle for a Ram Line or a B&C; there are a lot better stocks out there for just a few more hard earned dollars.

I would fist look at a used H.S Precision sock; they are good solid stocks and you might be able to find one used on the internet for a little more than you'd pay for the Ram Line.

Next I'd look at the laminates. They can be a little heaver than the synthetics, but they are stiff and solid. If you're a handy guy and don't mind getting your hand dirty, you can order a stock from either Boyd's or Richards Micro fit. If you want a very nice finished stock, contact Joel Russo here on this site.

Next up would be the McMillan's and Manners…

It's worth spending a little more and getting a good fitting solid stock. Here's some links.

Welcome to BOYDS' Gunstock Industries, Inc.

Richards Microfit Gunstocks

H-S PRECISION INC - HUNTING AND TACTICAL RIFLES AND STOCKS

Manners Composite Stocks

Custom rifles, fiberglass stocks, military and police training, tactical and competition gear, hunting accessories.

Have fun looking and take your time - It's all fun.

TAC

TAC,
While Accurate Innovations was not mentinoed in your post, was wondering if you or others were familar with them.

Thanks For The Info, I Will Look Into The Stocks You Mentioned, Although I Am Having Trouble Getting On The Web Sites, My Work Comp Keeps "blue Screening" Me,and I Dont Have A Comp At Home.i Have Used Houge And B&c Stocks On Some Of My Guns In The Past But Have Never Really Tried To Stretch My Guns Out To See What They "or Me" Can Do. Here In Alabama "long Range" Is Usually Anything Over 100 Yards, But We Have A Brand New Powerline R.o.w. On Our Hunting Club And I Would Like To Feel Comfortable In The 6-700 Yard Range With My .270. The R.o.w. Is Around 1000 Yards Flat With Hills At Both Ends.

TAC,
While Accurate Innovations was not mentinoed in your post, was wondering if you or others were familar with them.

I have replaced 7 of my stocks with laminate A I's and have been
very impressed. So much so that I built my 416 Buff on one and
shooting of a lead sled it shot a .031 3 shot group at 100yrds
with a 400gr bullet.

Specweldtom is a dealer for Accurate Innovations and can answer
any questions about this fine stock or you can go on line and see
what they look like.

J E CUSTOM

the last 3 stocks i replaced have all been laminate stocks check them out there a excellent option here's one i just finished

000_0161.jpg
JIM

it's a Joel Russo stock it's a laminate take off of the the McMillian A5 he got to me in 5 week's and its the best one of all my laminates and is a dream to shoot of the bench/ prone and even though it's heavy it shoots off hand really well

JIM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.