Hot Sulphur Springs Co.

Coldfinger

Does anyone on here hunt anywhere around Hot Sulfur Springs Co? Grandby or Kremmling? I haven't made the 1600 mile journey in 7 years. I hunted up Beaver Creek and a ranch South West of Williams fork reservoir. I'm hoping to get the family out there next November for vacation! I never knew of these forums or GPS apps or all this technology just 7 years ago. Hope the area still holds elk. The first DIY elk and deer memories come from them mountains.

I have elk hunted north of Hot Sulphur a couple of times. Never had luck, but did see cows. As with most OTC units here in CO, a lot of orange running around. There are elk around, but heavily pressured.

I am somewhat familiar with the Kremmling area also. Again, heavy pressure and they tend to hole up in the private areas from what I know. But again, lots of elk around. I drove through kremmling a few times a week for work at one point, and before the installed wildlife crossings over the highway, there were a lot of dead deer/elk. North of kremmling over rabbit ears pass looks like an RV park during hunting season .

This all being said, the units near all these areas you noted hold elk and deer, just a matter of figuring out where they are hiding. The same struggle most of us have, regardless of where we hunt :)

Does anyone on here hunt anywhere around Hot Sulfur Springs Co? Grandby or Kremmling? I haven't made the 1600 mile journey in 7 years. I hunted up Beaver Creek and a ranch South West of Williams fork reservoir. I'm hoping to get the family out there next November for vacation! I never knew of these forums or GPS apps or all this technology just 7 years ago. Hope the area still holds elk. The first DIY elk and deer memories come from them mountains.
They had fire south east of Williams Fork Res last year and have some rds closed off this year. 2019 had fire east of mill and tied in to one from last year.

I'm quite familiar with Unit 28 and took a moose two weeks ago on the edge of the 2020 Williams Fork fire. Saw 200 head of elk on the west side of Ute Pass yesterday on private ground (Unit 37 I believe) Downfall from the beetle kill is challenging, almost impassable and can be dangerous. Elk and deer population may be the same however hunting tactics should be adjusted just to navigate in the timber. I'm seeing more elk on private ground. Hope you enjoy your planned trip