Horus or Pejsa software for a PDA????

JustC

Does anyone here use either the Horus Balistics software or the Pejsa software on a PDA or laptop while in the field? which do you like better and why? and are they accurate (assuming all input data is correct)?

Thanks

Go with Pejsa software. The Horus ballistic program is the worst written ballistic program I've ever come across and I own 7 different ones. They use something called a C1 drag model. This drag model doesn't exist in any of my books on ballistics. I've called twice and send three emails asking to speak to someone who knows anything about the program. They refuse to return my calls or emails.

I played with their demo version and this is what I've discovered. The C1 drag model is nothing more than the G1 drag model that was created over 100 years ago. The Horrible "oops" Horus software matched the G1 drag model calculations I ran using there demo data information.

So what does this mean? The G1 drag model is based on a 1 inch 1 pound round rose projectile. This means they expect all bullet types such as a flat nose 45 ACP type bullet, and a flat base spire point, boat tail and a VLD bullet to have the same flight characteristics as a 1" 1lb round nose projectile.

Bottom line the program isn't just bad, it's just plain awful. Pejsa really understands ballistic and though I don't have that one, I've heard his program is very accurate.

Hope it helps.

[ 12-18-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

Thank You Jeff.

How is that new IOR treating you? I am waiting on the 6-24x as we speak.

Just C,

I tried the scope out on my .308 and ran it through a series of tracking tests and return to zero. It performed very well.

I'm going to mount it on a new left-handed AR-15. I had one being built by a friend, but we ran into some problems with it. His wife is a southpaw and she really wanted it after it was built.
frown.gif

But, I've talked with DPMS this week and my buddy who is a DPMS dealer and we're getting ready to order a new one. I'm hoping to have it for the wild hog hunt I have scheduled at the end of January.
smile.gif

Let me know what you think of the Pejsa software. My PDA died this week and I'm getting ready to get a new one. I'm going to get the new Garmin PDA with the built in GPS. Since RSI doesn't have a ballistic program for PDA's, I'm going to go with either Pejsa's or Exbal's program. Brent has Exbals and said it's not too bad.

Happy Holidays to you and the family.
grin.gif

I'll inform as we run it through the paces. My buddy wants to get one yesterday,..so he will no doubt have this thing on the way within days.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.