Hornady Replaces Berger on Gunwerks

Hornady is a sponsor now. One of Aaron's tech tips is on setting up reloading dies and he is using a Hornady set up and reloading with an Amax. I think they are testing the Amax is the field to compare it to the Berger. You now have a choice in the ammo you can buy from them. Berger or Hornady. Aaron said he would release the comparison info at a later date. Should be interesting.

There's a lot more amax used on big game than most people think. If they do a review I'd bet the amax comes out with a positive review.

From a strictly marketing position I would find it hard to believe that Berger wants to send money to any entity that is promoting one of their competitors. Hornady has nothing to loose in this deal and a lot to win in that they sell way more than just bullets.

Hope they do a review - it'd be interesting but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I saw this last week. So much for the A-max secret being kept. Better stock up now before the cost doubles!

Scot E.

all of rifles love hornady bullets except my 7mag, tried 139 interlocks, 162 sst, 162amax, 154 interlock, but it likes 140gr federal fusion and loves 168gr bergers

MONEY talks and bull crappola walks !! Unfornuately thats what most of the outdoor channel shows have become and to say the least I'm very disappointed also.. I watch very few shows anymore and all this MONEY unfornuately has ruined the credibility of a lot of the shows... SAD part is I see no end in sight either... I'm down to about 7 shows these days and that's it...and to be honest I'm glad and proud of myself for limiting it to these ones only..

Thats good to know Frank. Not having TV service we sometimes feel we could be mssing something. The only hunting shows I get to watch are live in real time. :D

Jeff

I shoot the 162 A-max in my 7 mag. I've killed 2 whitetails this year at 630 and 657 yds and the A-max did a great job on both. Very small exit wounds and absolute massive internal destruction. Shot them in a soybean field which was disc ed under and now a wheat field which is about 2 inches high. Going back next week and hoping to break the 1000 yds mark.

I was wondering what the deal was. I just watched a youtube video this morning where Aaron was playing with an A-Max. I had to do a double take, thought my eyes had deceived me.

I can't say that I mind though, this sport is where it is today because shooters decided to try something else. If it works, roll with it.

t

@Frank in the Laurels

Evidently you are not self-employed. It takes a lot of money to produce a show. Therefore they will take all the sponsors they can. Just take some time and just analyze this website. Len is able to give "us" a free forum based on all the add space that he can sell. And he has the best hunting website on the market! Without all these sponsors, we would not be having this discussion.

Aaron and Mike do a lot better job than most at delivering usefull information and hunting adventures........Yes they need and have sponsers but thier show does not revolve around the sponsers.
As for the Berger/Amax debate= I start with Amaxes and unless they will not shoot stay with them for longrange work. The 338 gets Bergers as well as the 6-284 just because they get-r-done

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.