Hornady Replaces Berger on Gunwerks

Sorry to dredge up an old thread guys, but I've been trying to get to the bottom of this one.

I personally suspect that it has to do with the fact that Hornady helped them with their 7LRM and producing the headstamped brass, and might have been part of the deal to start going to more Hornady stuff. I can't blame them for following the money but they are the ones that got me on Bergers in the first place because they pushed them so hard, and now I notice their ammo line has three bullets, GMX, Amax and "BTHP". Coincidentally the "BTHP" bullets have identical BC's to each Berger bullet but they won't even say they are Bergers. Just seems weird to me that they'd dump on Berger that fast after pushing them so hard. Oh well, I have no reason to change!

I've never bought anything because a show told me it was "the best"... I could care less what any show host thinks.

I have no doubt it was money-related that caused the switch.

I was watching BOTW two weeks ago & now they are loading Noslers LRAB. I thought that Kinda odd, since they have been in tight with Berger so long. Maybe they still load Bergers too? I dunno.

I don't think BOTW & Gunwerks are in cahoots anymore. If I'm correct in assuming Cooper is sponsoring BOTW now?
Any way you look at it, it's about dang time the different manufacturers realize the market tailored to long range guys.

Berger has promoted LR Hunting, & has done ALOT for our sport. I doubt they are going away anytime soon.
I'm guessing finally having multiple LR hunting bullet options, & sponsorship dollars available, geared toward LR are to blame.

I was watching BOTW two weeks ago & now they are loading Noslers LRAB. I thought that Kinda odd, since they have been in tight with Berger so long. Maybe they still load Bergers too? I dunno.

I don't think BOTW & Gunwerks are in cahoots anymore. If I'm correct in assuming Cooper is sponsoring BOTW now?
Any way you look at it, it's about dang time the different manufacturers realize the market tailored to long range guys.

Berger has promoted LR Hunting, & has done ALOT for our sport. I doubt they are going away anytime soon.
I'm guessing finally having multiple LR hunting bullet options, & sponsorship dollars available, geared toward LR are to blame.
Yeah, they dropped Berger a while back, too...

Follow the money trail...Just like when Cam Newton won Auburn their National Championship, and Johnny Football signing autographs... :cool:

As a side note,
After seeing the terminal performance testing done on the LRAB here on LRH, by Roy, & Rich, I will not be switching to the LRAB.
*Also BOTW's terminal performance pictures of the LRAB on a big black bear.

Just too fragile IMO, for my particular hunting style, of near or far & everything inbetween. Ill sacrifice Some range & Some BC for a tougher bullet. Simply a personal preference issue.

So, incase anyone was curious, no I'm not pimping, or bashing the LRAB simply because its Nosler. It may be a fine bullet for dedicated LR guys. It's just not my style is all I'm saying.

MONEY talks and bull crappola walks !! Unfornuately thats what most of the outdoor channel shows have become and to say the least I'm very disappointed also.. I watch very few shows anymore and all this MONEY unfornuately has ruined the credibility of a lot of the shows... SAD part is I see no end in sight either... I'm down to about 7 shows these days and that's it...and to be honest I'm glad and proud of myself for limiting it to these ones only..

Glad somebody expressed this sentiment. To watch those shows, you'd think that dude with the crease in his new clothes invented hunting. They're basically infomercials. The bang/flop of yet another monster and back slapping is as contrived as a newly crowned Miss America's shaky hand that covers her mouth when they announce her name.

Glad somebody expressed this sentiment. To watch those shows, you'd think that dude with the crease in his new clothes invented hunting. They're basically infomercials. The bang/flop of yet another monster and back slapping is as contrived as a newly crowned Miss America's shaky hand that covers her mouth when they announce her name.
That's why I quit watching hunting and fishing shows....It's always 20 mins of advertising, and 10 mins of actual show...

"Hi I'm Butt Dickkiss, and welcome to this week's episode of hunting. This week we're hunting ManBearPigs in the Canadian Alps using our new Winchester ManBearPig Master Blaster rifle chambered in .575 WGAF, shooting the new Winchester piggly wiggly mountain dew 875gr roach stompers, and looking through the all new DayForce XSN 5.5-200x84mm scope with the new laser guided software, which is the same as used on the military's ICBM's, and we're driving down there in the #4 Aquafina, Logitech, Standard, Sprite, Anco, Valvoline, Stihl, CaqQuest, OSHA approved Chevrolet SUV that was given to us by Tom Dick & Harry's Chevy Olds Classic Cadillac....."

Honestly that's about how stupid TV advertisments and hunting and fishing shows have gotten, IMO.

That's why I quit watching hunting and fishing shows....It's always 20 mins of advertising, and 10 mins of actual show...

"Hi I'm Butt Dickkiss, and welcome to this week's episode of hunting. This week we're hunting ManBearPigs in the Canadian Alps using our new Winchester ManBearPig Master Blaster rifle chambered in .575 WGAF, shooting the new Winchester piggly wiggly mountain dew 875gr roach stompers, and looking through the all new DayForce XSN 5.5-200x84mm scope with the new laser guided software, which is the same as used on the military's ICBM's, and we're driving down there in the #4 Aquafina, Logitech, Standard, Sprite, Anco, Valvoline, Stihl, CaqQuest, OSHA approved Chevrolet SUV that was given to us by Tom Dick & Harry's Chevy Olds Classic Cadillac....."

Honestly that's about how stupid TV advertisments and hunting and fishing shows have gotten, IMO.

Ha Ha... Mix in a little extreeeeeeeeeem guitar chop music because watching somebody hunt is just to boring, sprinkled with this weeks man crush celeb (Butt Dickiss, good one) and you've got next weeks episode. It's nauseating sometimes.

Anyway, I don't need to go to the boob tube and be lectured by someone who's mother dresses them when I can get straight talk right here. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they don't have some knowledge. I just think they've ceased being about hunting and transitioned to entertainment and advertising. I take them about as seriously as I take a T.V. Lawyer in a short skirt.

Heh, using a puny gun like that against ManBearPig when everybody knows he's half man, half bear, half pig! lol
Kinda sad to say that you nailed TV hunting with that one though, I swear most of those guys took lessons from Ronco the way they push their knives too!

Heh, using a puny gun like that against ManBearPig when everybody knows he's half man, half bear, half pig! lol
Kinda sad to say that you nailed TV hunting with that one though, I swear most of those guys took lessons from Ronco the way they push their knives too!

The .575 WGAF...You just shoot it...And forget it!!!

:D

Mudrunner, that was awesome! An early morning coffee snorter. I like the big manufacturer decals on rifles these days too. Those are really cool. mtmuley

I believe if you do some searching it was Berger that decided to cut back on how many sponsors they had. Can't really blame them in my mind. They can't keep up with production now. Their name is already highly recognized in hunting, competition, tactical, and LR shooting so they have a very solid base of customers to rely on.

I may throw out a bit of caution to the bashing going on. Business and free markets is what makes our world go around guys. If you don't like it don't watch it but the reality is they are doing what every other TV show does. Have you watched any of them lately. They are basically ads for their sponsors, as are the magazines, and retail stores and everything else in our sport. Folks need to sell things to stay in business and provide us with the gear we all want. And Gunwerks, like them or not, have been and still are on the cutting edge of development in this sport. Their rangefinder alone has transformed LR shooting and they are just getting started with it. Now many other companies are wanting that technology in their systems. I don't own a thing from Gunwerks but do appreciate what they have done for this sport.

Scot E.

Sure, we all get the fundamental need of Sponsors to support a show. Just pointing out that showcasing a Sponsors product in a show doesn't necessarily make that product better or worse than a non-sponsored product. If Bergers were great when they were a Sponsor, are they junk when they're not a Sponsor? For all I care, outdoor shows can tell everyone when the sun comes up by hocking Rolex Watches but at some point I just not watching. I enjoyed watching June Cleaver prancing around the kitchen with perfect hair, pearls, high heels and a new dress but that doesn't look like my kitchen and it never will.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.