Hornady or Starline Brass for 6 Creedmoor - Inexpensive options

raider1v1

This is going to be in an AR-10 platform and i dont want to be super concerned if i lose a piece or two in the field. I know Lapua and ADG are the top makers, but between Hornady and Starline what should i go with. Ill probably want to do large rifle for primers. I have also looked at Pederson, but it seems to be fairly pricey as well.

I would go with Starline. I have used Hornady 6MM Creedmoor and it was junk. I have not used 6MM CM in Starline but have used a lot of Starline in other cartridges and it was good. My experience with Hornady would cause me to try anything else.

I have to weigh in here on starline brass, good quality for the price. Using it for my son's 308 and like it. Hornady, well......not so much.

I just bought 2 bags of starline 6.5 creedmoor brass. After checking all the dimensions and weighing 20 from each bag I'll say this, they are way more consistent in every way than the Hornady brass I have. Weights were within a 1.5 grains, case head to datum line all within .001, overall length within .001 and necks were all very close. They are about 10 grains heavier than Hornady cases. My only gripe was one bag was short a few pieces.

i just ordered a bag of 500 large rifle primers. i know the small are supposed to be a bit better but mag small rifle are out of stock in most places and i have a ton of the regular large rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.