Hornady Factory ammo

Iron Worker

Hornady 6mm Creedmoor 108 ELD match . Shot that at the range and it was amazingly accurate ,under 1/2 MOA at 100yds. Loading the particular bullet I never achieve that level of accuracy out of my PRS rifle. So I pulled one of the bullets. Powder charge was 39.8grs of what looked like Re#16 or H4350 ? Muzzle Velocity out of 26" Bartlein was 2920 FPS. So could the low velocity of that bullet be a clue as to why they shot so good ? I usually load 40.5 grs of H4350 for 3,025 FPS with average accuracy .

Hornady 6mm Creedmoor 108 ELD match . Shot that at the range and it was amazingly accurate ,under 1/2 MOA at 100yds. Loading the particular bullet I never achieve that level of accuracy out of my PRS rifle. So I pulled one of the bullets. Powder charge was 39.8grs of what looked like Re#16 or H4350 ? Muzzle Velocity out of 26" Bartlein was 2920 FPS. So could the low velocity of that bullet be a clue as to why they shot so good ? I usually load 40.5 grs of H4350 for 3,025 FPS with average accuracy .
I do know that Hornady use alot of different blends of powders in their factory ammunition and none of them are available to the public's. The stuff they're using, we don't have access too

I've had good success with 140's. They shoot slow out of my RPR but they group excellent.

I would try and load that bullet at that velocity and COAL and see how it shoots

As above, commercial ammo is loaded with powders that vary from lot to lot and aren't as consistent as what reloaders buy. When you have the equipment to do all your own pressure testing and buy by the truck it doesn't have to be as consistent as what a reloader uses at home. Their factory ammo for the rounds they developed (creedmoor, PRC) have always shot well for me. I'd shoot for the velocity sweet spot with your own setup and see how close you can get.