Hornady ELDX Performance

• Thread starter Deleted member 112099
  • Start date
100 replies on his first post and he is just gonna jet? I thought he helped a lot of people to open up and start to let go! Nobody likes a quitter. Sad really.
Hey Quintus
I'm an old guy and don't have the skills to outwit the rude the comments.
I'm an old Long Range shooter
And thought this was a place to express my experiences. But apparently it's just a bashing of ones
Opinions

Have you shot some animals with these bullets ? For whatever reason, I haven't heard much about the terminal performance of the Fusions. It would seem to me that they would hold together well and penetrate properly. What has your experience
After shooting on paper for a couple years finally had my 270 out hunting with them. Took a beaded Coues buck at 220 yards. Through onside shoulder and out the other side, buck leapt out of its bed and piled up ten yards later. From what I could tell bullet mushroomed and gave a 1inch exit holeI used gutless method saw no evidence of fragmentation.

My apologies Calamity Ridge. I too am an old guy. My duck ponds have frozen over for the year, my tags have all been filled and I am trying to deal with my post season depression. I guess my passive-aggressive language gets more hurt-full than I realize. I have gotten used to the thick-skinned keyboard hardened folks on these forums and forget that everyone isn't used to such ribbing. You have come to a great place to talk long range hunting and shooting. Most of the people here have a great deal of real life, hard won knowledge and are willing to share it. Stay and enjoy.

What gets me with all this at the end, all bullets perform as they should and or how they were designed to perform. If you don't like the outcome back up and reevaluate your rifle, bullet and hunting distance. You might just not be cut out to take and animals life. Every experience we complain or rave about is different. From the velocity, ambient temperature, animal body weight, distance, shot placement, rifle, barrel.... the list goes on and on. We all make great shots on animals from close to far, rave about DRT, long days of tracking crippled animals, and animals that go short distances before they expire.... some have a stronger will to live, some didn't have the blessings of precise shot placement. It's not the bullets fault, or bullet manufacture.... it happens. And Will continue to happen no matter what bullet you choose to toss, someone's not going to be happy

My apologies Calamity Ridge. I too am an old guy. My duck ponds have frozen over for the year, my tags have all been filled and I am trying to deal with my post season depression. I guess my passive-aggressive language gets more hurt-full than I realize. I have gotten used to the thick-skinned keyboard hardened folks on these forums and forget that everyone isn't used to such ribbing. You have come to a great place to talk long range hunting and shooting. Most of the people here have a great deal of real life, hard won knowledge and are willing to share it. Stay and enjoy.

Apologies
Accepted
Don't understand the ridicules from others as I was only giving my review of a given bullet?
The people on this site are more focused on ridiculing and judging ones ability as Hunter than discussing the post. I'm not thick skinned or hardened
Obviously I don't have the skills to to warrant off these comments
Thanks and good hunting

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.