Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

Jud96

I would like to start this thread so members can post any new information or experiences with the new Hornady ELD-X bullets as they become available and hit the market. Any new bullet weights and/or information regarding BC and general discussion on these bullets can also be posted here. I think an organized and on topic thread for this new bullet will be both informative and entertaining. Thanks! gun)

ELD-X Video
[ame]https://youtu.be/Bpan-7vTqes[/ame]

Hornady Bullet Testing Link
http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/resources/ELD-X_ELD-Match_Technical_Details.pdf

Heat Shield Technology Link
Hornady® Heat Shield™ Technology - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc

BCs

Attachments

• eld-x-bullets-left.jpg
    eld-x-bullets-left.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 589
  • eld-x 30cal.jpg
    eld-x 30cal.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 445
  • ELD-x tips.jpg
    ELD-x tips.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 432
Just back ordered 100 .308 220gr. This might be the answer for my 2016 moose hunt. I've been toying with several high bc 220gr and up match Bullets but wasn't sure how they would be for moose. I know there's a lot of controversy over using match bullets for hunting and I've never shot a moose with the 300RUM in any configuration so hopefully this will be the ideal combination.

I don't see anywhere that has them for sale....hopefully they can actually get them out and available unlike the accubond lr.

I am going to try some of the 212 gr as well as the Berger 215's to see what shoots best out of my new rig. I got all winter long to play around with load development so I got time to wait before they hit the shelves. Still deciding on what powder to start with as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.