Hornady Die Won’t Bump Shoulder Beyond 0

"Yes. The reason to size a case is so that it fits back in the chamber, not to change any dimension by "x" amount. Call me old school but I never measure shoulder bump, I size until the cases fit my chamber with the amount of resistance that I want for the application."
I agree with Blacktailer. Sometimes I have had to shave a little off the shellholder t get where I want to be.

rcbs std die setting is to assure ammo fits any rifle chamber in that caliber
And its wrong. Any advise/instructions that dont include some measurement to ensure your within a spec is just bad advise that causes oversizing and case head separation in some cases along with not optional performance.
And the rcbs instructions are as bad as their new std dies. The quality has fallen off since rcbs dies aren't made in the USA anymore. Made in China= crap. Redding foster whidden and Shooting Specialties are the way to go. Buy American.

Oh and the once fired brass chambered perfectly today at the range after full length resizing even though I wasn't able to bump the shoulder back beyond 0.00 measured with a Hornady headspace comparator tool against another piece of once fired brass.
If the brass cycles fine then I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

I am still baffled by this problem. I am using a Hornady #1 shell holder with a Hornady New Dimension die and it will not bump the shoulder back below 0.000. I've screwed it all the way down to where the press arms doesn't even go down halfway and I've backed it to where the die is 1/8 turn from touching the shell holder.

This same shell holder bumps shoulders no issue with my other Hornady and Lee dies. It's just the .30 06 FL sizing die that doesn't bump shoulder back. I'm afraid as my brass continues to grow after more firings it's not going to bump it back adequately.

I am still baffled by this problem. I am using a Hornady #1 shell holder with a Hornady New Dimension die and it will not bump the shoulder back below 0.000. I've screwed it all the way down to where the press arms doesn't even go down halfway and I've backed it to where the die is 1/8 turn from touching the shell holder.

This same shell holder bumps shoulders no issue with my other Hornady and Lee dies. It's just the .30 06 FL sizing die that doesn't bump shoulder back. I'm afraid as my brass continues to grow after more firings it's not going to bump it back adequately.
I'd call Hornady and see if they'll exchange the die set.

As others have suggested, perhaps your brass is not yet fully fire formed. It may also be possible your chamber is on the short side.