Hornady Die Won’t Bump Shoulder Beyond 0

I have a .30 06 Hornady New Dimension Die set and no matter how far I screw the die into the press it will not bump the shoulder beyond 0.00. I have a RCBS die set and to get it to 0.02 bump I have to screw it in so far the press handle goes a little further than half way.

Am I doing something wrong?
1 - OK, my dumb question for the day. Is this new brass for which this can happen or how many times fired? You haven't stated what the brass is in question.
2 - Will it chamber without sizing?

compare your measurement against that in the reloading manual case diagram.
His zero HS will not exactly match mine or anyone else's. And it will not exactly match a manual, reamer print, or SAAMI spec.
The right answer is to check it against that produced locally by HIS chamber.

This holds true with many aspects of reloading.
When I fire a 223Rem in MY chamber, it becomes a 223Cooper#2436.
The cases will not well represent 223Rem anymore, and that's fine. I only need to see what I have and adjust for the fit I want.

His zero HS will not exactly match mine or anyone else's. And it will not exactly match a manual, reamer print, or SAAMI spec.
The right answer is to check it against that produced locally by HIS chamber.

This holds true with many aspects of reloading.
When I fire a 223Rem in MY chamber, it becomes a 223Cooper#2436.
The cases will not well represent 223Rem anymore, and that's fine. I only need to see what I have and adjust for the fit I want.

I agree. I know that. I suggested the recommended tool or similar so he could measure all of that and know how much he is bumping back.

Oh and the once fired brass chambered perfectly today at the range after full length resizing even though I wasn't able to bump the shoulder back beyond 0.00 measured with a Hornady headspace comparator tool against another piece of once fired brass.

I have a .30 06 Hornady New Dimension Die set and no matter how far I screw the die into the press it will not bump the shoulder beyond 0.00. I have a RCBS die set and to get it to 0.02 bump I have to screw it in so far the press handle goes a little further than half way.

Am I doing something wrong?
In this case...which i have run into...I turn about .005" off the face of the shell holder...

Oh and the once fired brass chambered perfectly today at the range after full length resizing even though I wasn't able to bump the shoulder back beyond 0.00 measured with a Hornady headspace comparator tool against another piece of once fired brass.
If the reloaded cases chamber easily then I wouldn't worry about the 0 headspace. But, I suspect that after a few firings you will notice that you can't achieve a 0 headspace anymore and a bit more resizing is needed. Like others have said, take a couple of thousandths off the top of your shellholder so the die can be adjusted down when you need it. Even if you mess up the shellholder you haven't lost much. I wouldn't trim the bottom of the die.

If they continue to chamber easily, keep firing till they don't. Then try bumping .002-.003. You may find that will be what you a blessed e looking for. When I first started reloading, I thought I was full length sizing till I had difficulty clambering my reloads. After I purchased a comparator, I discovered I had not been setting the shoulder back at all. Once I figured this out, my problems went away.

If the reloaded cases chamber easily then I wouldn't worry about the 0 headspace. But, I suspect that after a few firings you will notice that you can't achieve a 0 headspace anymore and a bit more resizing is needed. Like others have said, take a couple of thousandths off the top of your shellholder so the die can be adjusted down when you need it. Even if you mess up the shellholder you haven't lost much. I wouldn't trim the bottom of the die.
Turning down a shellholder is fine as long as you MARK THAT SHELLHOLDER and don't use it with any other die. If you use that shellholder with another sizing die (and in this case it is very possible since the OP has a 30-06) you are in danger of setting the shoulder back too far and creating excessive headspace.

If you have access to a lathe you can also cut a few thousandths off die bottom. It ll be hardened so a good cutter be mandatory.