Hornady bullets

I am getting great results with the 60gr. V-Max in an evil black rifle that has become a favorite, a RRA 1x8 twist 223, the Varmiter version. These shoot in my rifle allmost as good as the 77MK, which is great for a varmit bullet. Others I know have similar results with the v-max.
But with the hunting bullets it has been more spotty for me. I just tried some 165SST bullets in my 300WM Sendero for some Whitetail hunting. It's a real shooter, but not with that bullet, so I went back to my 180Acc. loads & they are very consistant.

Been shooting .338 cal 225 gn Hornady lead tip interlock bullets for 20 years and they are my standard load for walk em up deer hunting. My load only shoots about 1.5" but is ok for its purpose.
I recently purchased some 225gn Hornady SST projectiles for long range work. I tried them out a few days ago, only got groups about 2" nothing better. Thought it must be my load but maybe its the bullets?

I did notice that the plastic tips are very soft! If you press your finger nail against them they bend right over. Nosler A.B.s" don't do that. I wondered what they would do under full thrust when being driven down the barrel? I think they would flatten right out.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.