Hornady brass

drocks101

I got a couple of boxes of Hornady American Whitetail for my 300 win mag to use as break-in rounds, with the thought that I would then use the brass for reloading. When I went to measure my cases to trim them to length I noticed that they are all quite short. SAAMI says the cases should measure 2.620 but mine are measuring 2.590 to 2.595. Has anyone seen this before? Should I just scrap them or what? I can't trim them at all because the lee quick trim only goes down to 2.600. Also I can't neck turn them because they are all different lengths. Thoughts, comments?

they are fine to use. if you are interested sinclair sells a chamber length tool a couple $. nk size a fired case & then measure your length and you will your know chamber length. you will probably find you don't have to trim your cases as short as the books recomend.

Short brass poses no problem for function.
The only time it is important is when you are crimping.

It will stretch with each sizing and then you will need to trim.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts