Hornady Brass?

aebhunter

Any opinions? I have been using Nosler in my .300 win mag and have had good luck with it. Only problem is that it seems to be the Sasquatch of the brass world now. People talk about it like it exists, although I can't find any on planet earth.

I can find some Hornady however...Will it make a big difference switching? Not real excited about finding another load, but I am reaching the end of my Nosler brass life cycle and would like to shoot my gun in the next 6 months.

The only thing I can tell you is that their 30-06 cases, fired in service rifles, either M1 or 1903, are very soft, do not last long because of primer pocket enlargement. And that's sad to say because we're talking about loads well below maximum. Maybe someone will chime in with some more relavent experience.

A few months ago I picked up some Hornady brass for my 300 winmag and haven't had any issues with the performance of the brass. I have reloaded some of the brass 3 or 4 times.

Any opinions? I have been using Nosler in my .300 win mag and have had good luck with it. Only problem is that it seems to be the Sasquatch of the brass world now. People talk about it like it exists, although I can't find any on planet earth.

I can find some Hornady however...Will it make a big difference switching? Not real excited about finding another load, but I am reaching the end of my Nosler brass life cycle and would like to shoot my gun in the next 6 months.

Midway has Norma in stock now. It's the same brass as Nosler just not as finely prepped.

love there Bullets,dies and presses, But have had bad luck with there brass. Too soft, inconsistent neck tension..

I'm in a pinch for brass in my 300 as well, have got 100 hornady prepped and ready to start a load with soon as my rifle is back from the smith..

Couple things I noticed while prepping up my Hornady brass were, #1 flash-hole alignment is the $hits, literally. Whether or not it will affect things remains to be seen though. And #2, the burrs inside the flash-holes that had to be removed were ridiculous. I haven't seen such burrs on any other brass I've ever prepped (& I been at this 15 yrs) Loaded thousands of rounds already. I've never been impressed with Remington brass, but this Hornady batch takes the cake for worst impression-yet.

(Now) however, after all my prep, I think I've got half-decent brass to start something with. Outta the box though, the Hornady brass (I got anyway) was terrible.

Got Hornady brass for a new 25-06. I waisted a bunch of money on components trying to get it to shoot. After I ditched the Hornady brass the gun settled right in. I concluded it was the inconsistent neck tension.

Ive got hornady brass for my 6.5 creedmoor, no problems here with neck tension or loose pockets. im on my third firing and they are still a bear to seat the primers.

Holding 1/2 MOA all the way out to 700. i'd say they work just fine.

However, 300 win mag may be a different story.

I also have Hornady brass for my 6.5 Creed and it is very good. All are consistent right out of the package requiring very little prep.

I'll also have to agree with Rick & NIH. I too run HNDY brass in my Creedmoor & it's treated me quite well. I also run it in my 6.8 but I don't run it as a "precision" rifle. I have no complaints as of yet.

t

Only experience with Hornady brass has been in my 300 WBY. Primer pockets junk after 2 or 3 firings and inconsistent grouping. I love their bullets though!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts