Hornady brass

I have alway found that Lapua brass is less expensive in the long run. It's consistancy and accuracy is a free bonus.

Brass is a very important part of accuracy. I feel the money is well spent and comes back with longer life.

JMO

Jeff

I've never personally used it but the reviews I have read about were'nt good. Guess it's like everything else in life..... ya get what you pay for.

I have used both Hornady and LApua in a 6.5-284 and maybe I just got a good lot of Hornady stuff, but my accuracy is identical and it has lasted as long as the Lapua did for me. I can get sub half inch with it. If I were competing I would just go ahead and buy the Lapua, but for hunting, no need. Stay away from Winchester 284 brass. that stuff SUCKS!!! Seriously, it sucks.

I buy only Lapua or Norma brass if available. Yes, its expensive but in the long run is worth it. One bonus - very little prep is needed and it lasts much longer. I never considered buying Hornady brass because I have read too many negatives about it. Many shooters say it is too soft and splits easily.

Last edited:
I have alway found that Lapua brass is less expensive in the long run. It's consistancy and accuracy is a free bonus.

Brass is a very important part of accuracy. I feel the money is well spent and comes back with longer life.

JMO

Jeff

yes, that... :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.