Hornady Bonded 150 Gr. Bullets

Ian M

Got these bullets today, nice boat-tail bullet with a bright red plastic tip, pretty much look like the SST.
Total length seems to be 1.232 - 1.235 Diameter measures exactly 0.308
grin.gif

Weights are very uniform, ten bullets went from 152.5 (estimating the .5 spot on my trusty old 10-10) to 153.0.
Will put some Varget under a few and see how they shoot.

I shot some groups with the new Bonded Hornadys today. Loads were 46.0 and 47.0 grains of Varget, BHA brass, Winchester primer OL of 2.825". Rifle was a GA Precision ROCK with a 3.5-15x50 NXS in Badgers. Temp was -5F, wind nil.

Best five shot group at 100 yards was 0.362". Average for three five-shot groups was 0.492".
Very promising since I have not been shooting much because of the weather, skills could be better if I was shooting more.

That -5 degrees sounds COLD Ian!

I still havn't seen that low of temp during daylight hours all winter here. We're sitting at 23 deg right now and it is perfectly still out. I'll be doing some testing with the 178 A-Max in my 300 Ultra either today or tomarrow, likely tomarrow.

I'll have to give the bonded SST a try when I get a hold of some.

Thanks for the review there.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.