Hornady announcement Oct 27th

could it be they are finally going to unveil their super duper "Long Range Max" bullets ?

That's my guess too. It has been a long time in the making. It seemed they were about to release it a year or so ago then stopped. I even heard chatter then that they were redesigning it. Maybe they found some new tech, got it added and are finally releasing!

Hoping it is real forging ahead and not a bunch of marketing nonsense.

ok - so now they got my interest as well. I am picking up my rifle this weekend and will be doing load development this winter in preparation for a trip out west next fall.

Good marketing… I hate waiting for surprises… but then it's obvious… It's the unicorn of bullets…

It's a deep penetrating, fast expanding, explosive bullet that retains all it's weight, kills quickly but leaves a big exit hole and a great blood trail, without ruining any meat

It's a short light for caliber, >.900 BC bullet that is insensitive to seating depth, can be loaded out to max length to maximize powder capacity but feeds from the magazine.

It stabilizes in any twist barrel… won't foul… and can be shot 150 fps faster than conventional bullets without increasing pressure.

It's always available in any caliber a or weight and sell for less than a nickel a round.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
It's hard for me to believe all of that from a bullet for under a nickel. A dime maybe.

Forgot to include miniatured self-guidance system, which detects the buck fever syndrome, and automatically corrects for errant POA.

I'm guessing it will have a 10 grain core of dark matter, you know....... to aid in expansion.

Will they produce loaded rounds that generate dark energy allowing the expansion to accelerate?

2) Did Oswald get his hands on a prototype in '63

Totally OT: Had a discussion with a non-gun person who said that no one could have made the shot that Oswald did at the distance he was at.

Back on topic.

I think it will be a bullet that slices, it dices, makes julian fries, cleans the deer when you hit it, and vacuums all the carpet on the main floor.

Or a reverse-bottleneck cartridge. :)

Matt

I'm think'n that it will be a projectile specifically for ELR hunting with form factor and bc that can only be dreamed of and will be able to contain enough salt in the base to keep the meat from spoiling by the time a fella can get to the kill spot.

So what about the clear reference to dopler radar? Could it be some new bullet shape that radically improved BC beyond the current Tangent Ogive Solid G7 stuff?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.