Hornady announcement Oct 27th

StrutNut

I wish they would have kicked it out before the fall so it could really get tested on game. I plan on getting a box and trying them out. I always had great luck on game with Hornady's.

Whitesheep

Everyone's polymer tips are affected. Not just Hornady. Bullets with BC's around the .550 and above are most significantly affected.
http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/resources/ELD-X_ELD-Match_Technical_Details.pdf

Thank you Bullseye. This is a great read and Hornady does a good job of analyzing other brands. Sure it isn't an independent test, that will have to come later, it if ever does given the cost of Doppler Radar. However a consistent simple improvement in accuracy should be proven or dis-proven by other testers and "gun writers."

Great stuff!

stomp442

I still like the looks of those Berger wound channels the best, and what I don't like about gelatin tests is they don't show what happens when bone is hit. I always aim for bone and the Bergers never disappoint.

StrutNut

My idea of tests is being shot at a variety of different critters at a variety of different ranges and conditions. That is where the rubber meats the road. I do think that lab tests are helpful but can never replace what the general public will put that bullet through....or at least try to put that bullet through ;)

Scot E

My idea of tests is being shot at a variety of different critters at a variety of different ranges and conditions. That is where the rubber meats the road. I do think that lab tests are helpful but can never replace what the general public will put that bullet through....or at least try to put that bullet through ;)

They've done that. Read the pdf as it has some info at the end about hunting results. Probably not as detailed as you would like but it does give some info.

I am sure there have been lots of bullets shot this fall at all kinds of critters. Results will start to show up soon I hope.

Swamplord

How much money is required to purchase a box of the 212 grain hornady bullets?

Just messin with ya !

Hornady website lists all the MSRP amounts on the new bullets per box of 100 pcs !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 21