Hornady A-Tip bullets 250gr 30cal bullet

Ed

I will be keeping ears and eye open to see what can be found out. What we need is some hog hunters to try it on this summer. Would be a good critter to try it on I feel.

David

This is the only reason that I wish we had hogs here in MT. Bullet testing! We just need to make a trip to TX once a month for testing!

I can't remember his LRH screen name but his name is Ed Whipple and does a lot of pig hunting with videos. He frequents the Creedmoor Nation in FB. May he'll chime in.

Steve,

Not sure if you've this ...

Last edited:
Silly question:

Could you shoot these new bullets in the .308 win?

How about the 6.5CM?

Or are these reserved for the magnum class of cartridges?

You can shoot them in a .308 if you have the twist. You will not get much speed but it will still shoot and should do well.

This is the only reason that I wish we had hogs here in MT. Bullet testing! We just need to make a trip to TX once a month for testing!

I like that idea! Yall should get a Hammer hunt together for Texas pigs. Would be fun hunt with some tasty meat at the end!

I backordered 100 of each of the .30 bullets and I'm trying to put a hog hunt together for next month. I want to see how they do on game too. I'd probably use a 300RUM to drive them but it might be a .300PRC or 30Nosler.
What kind of speed with the 300 rum and the 250so you think? Around 3200?

The 230 can never overcome the 215's velocity advantage? I figured it would at some point. Point might be pretty far. Haven't crunched the numbers, just usually works out that way. I'd be curious about what distance that point is our if indeed it will never beat it. If someone crunches the numbers let me know :)

Out of my slow barreled 300 WM the 230 outruns the 215 around 1650 yards. That's the spot for my rifle. I don't remember the exact stats for the comparison but any way I ran the numbers the 215 would beat the 230 until around that point.

Out of my slow barreled 300 WM the 230 outruns the 215 around 1650 yards. That's the spot for my rifle. I don't remember the exact stats for the comparison but any way I ran the numbers the 215 would beat the 230 until around that point.

Thanks for the info

Already had someone on FB get belligerent with me that people will push the 250 to near 3000fps in a 300WM....lol.
Had them telling me that they can probably get enough velocity to stabilize in a 10 twist... I like FB for the comedic value.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.