Hornady 62gr TAP (SPBT) results on game/varmints?

OzRanger

Hey guys, my 22 Creed is on it's way soon, still undecided about twist rate, probably going a 1-10 because I don't want to blow up the zippy little 53/55 grainers. Projectile prices went through the roof recently however 62gr HORNADY TAP Barrier???? Rounds are available for dirt cheap. Has anyone shot yotes, cats, foxes, rabbits etc etc with them? How did they perform? Thanks Should get about 3900 out of them with the 22 creed.

I've shot a lot of the hornady TAP rounds over the years through a .223 55-75 grain, but all were the Polymer Tipped versions. Great success on gophers to deer with them. Switched to Barnes Varmint grenades and Sierra blitz kings in .22 cal and 6mm for varmint hunting and am very happy with their performance. If you can get a good deal on the hornady TAP go for it but they aren't going to send them cartwheeling like the other two I mentioned.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.