Hornady 6.5mm 123gr SST.

I do not have experience on game with this bullet. However, given that it was designed for 6.5 Grendel velocities, I would expect it to behave like a varmint bullet from the much faster .264 Win Mag.

I have a friend that uses them in his 260 Rem and they shoot really accurate and at inside 100 yard ranges do not come out of a average 100 lb on the hoof deer shot through the shoulders. Usually finds the base of the bullet under the hide on the offside. I really like the 130 Nosler Accubond in my 264 Win mag. Even at MV 3350 fps it reacts the same from point blank out to a little over 500 yards so far on 20+ deer. Exit with a quarter size hole and the deer drop in their tracks. :D

I note that Hornady seems to be marketing that particular bullet for the 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Les Baer Custom and the 6.5x47 Lapua all 25,2600 fps cartridges.

I don't think it would be a very good choice in the 264 win mag. It is probably a little softer than the NBT. Probably real good when it has a chance to slow down.

Good luck and shoot straight.

Bob

If you want a good deer hunting bullet, take a look at the Hornady 140gr SST. The SSTs have worked great for me and I have taken five deer with them out of my .270 all dead right there, or expiring after only going 15yds or so. Only my 728yd kill ran more than 15yds after dropping and crawling 50yds before keeling over. I really like these slugs, accurate, deadly, dependable, and affordable!

I have a creedmoor, and a swedish, I bet the sst's I bought will work well in either. it has a better expansion than regular soft points, and I have used those in my swedish to get at least 12 deer, all clean kills.They almost always passed through a shoulder shot, so it would be interesting to see something that
Would stop almost all the way through, to see if the shock is any different...

Also, for the money, nosler usually only has a 50 count box for their bullets, for almost, or as much $
And the same type hornady bullets come in 100 count in equal or better quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.