Hornady 250 SST ML Bullet Disappointed

BTW this was my experience using a 45 cal TC omega with 45 cal Hornady SST 195 grain sabot(40cal projectile) using three 50 grain triple7 pellets. That load chronograph at 2394fps, I rounded up to 2400. A guy at the range let me use his chronograph once and only once. When the smoke cloud, firey junk and sabot hit his chronograph trap, he wasn't very happy...lol

That sounds similar to what happend when I tried to chrongraph my buddies 50 BMG . I thought it would be safe to pull the chrony to the side while he shot the first sighter and the blast from the muzzle brake blew the whole thing over and broke it.

That sounds similar to what happend when I tried to chrongraph my buddies 50 BMG . I thought it would be safe to pull the chrony to the side while he shot the first sighter and the blast from the muzzle brake blew the whole thing over and broke it.
Did same with a 45-70. Muzzle blast launched it

I had ALL the same expansion problems with SST or Shockwave. When I saw the .452 250 grain FTX bullet come out years ago, I thought got to be better to meet "rifle" quality expectations. Better QC etc. I believe this is true from my experience with the FTX bullet. ACCURATE! I have killed every deer with one shot, good consistent expansion, available in 50 ct box.

There is no doubt it sxpands at lower velocities as well based upon Hornady's own ballistics published for the 450 Bushmaster out to 300 yds.

So accurate, consistent expansion, shhhh cheaper, lower expansion velocity.

OMG! What did I just do to myself!😂
60951106-B0CC-48AD-BE4E-6F6FF6FAFC27.jpeg