Hornady 175 eldx . what bc?

Mt.Boy

For the the 175 eld-x . What Bc do you use. The box I just bought says g1 Bc of .660. Hornady website says g1 of .689 thanks

I seen that thanks!! Just don't understand why the Bc on my box is different then what's listed and what I seen on others.

Max potential of the bullet is probably the listed projectile bc but when in factory ammo they have a estimated velocity so they know what the bc will be off a test barrel (24") and say you have a 20" barrel, and you lose a 100-200 FPS you have a little less value in BC than that.

If you put the same bullet in a .300 win mag however, you may or may not be closer to the higher bc value.

I think I am about to sale them. Or see if I can just return them to midway and go with Berger's

I think I am about to sale them. Or see if I can just return them to midway and go with Berger's

I shot quite a few of them from a 8.5" twist 7mag at about 2925fps. Excellent accuracy and didn't really seem too jump sensitive. Stretched them to a mile on steel. Didn't get the chance to use them on anything bigger than deer but they pole-axed the ones I shot between 350-550ish.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.