Hornady 110 V-Max in 30-06

Hilltop

Is the 110 V-Max worth looking at for the 30-06 1-10 twist. It may be good for say 300 yds?? Any Ideas

I had a Rem 700 '06 with a 10 twist and it would only stabilize a 110 to 200 yds. I do not know why, I was driving them around 3300 so I don't like I was pushing them too hard.

I hope you have better luck than I did with them.

I thought that may be the case, so thats no good. What do you think is a good varmint round for the 06 or is there one ?? or just stick to the Nosler BallTip 150??

I would suggest you still try it. Your rifle may love them. There is no telling until you try. There are several 110 gr bullets, try them all.

To me, it would be worth the search to find that one that will fly straight. A 110 pushed to 35, or 3600 will be flat as all get out. gun)

I no longer have my 06, it is now a 6.5x55 LA. I should be getting it back any day.

I have a Savage Euro Classic 22" bbl 1-10 twist. I think I will get a box of V-Max and try then.
What speeds and accurate range are you getting with your 06,s

ht

Give the Speer 130rg HP a look, they've always shot very well in my .30 06 and .300 Win Mag. And I guaranty they'll stabilize past 200 yards.... :rolleyes:
Good luck.

I had good luck with them in a stock M700. Use H4895 or equivlent speed powder.

the bearing surface seems to small in some rifles and esp. at high speeds with rapid twist rifling. the speer 130 gr hp is fantastic with fantasic results plus you can push it at least as fast as you are with the "reduced 110 loads".

i have shot them out of a 300 at over 3700 fps and they always held together with fantastic results. at that speed tho, there is not much left of them. slower speeds might just cause an internal blowup on the critter and less of an exit hole.

doc

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts