Hooked on Airguns

Check out those guys in South Africa (Airgun 101). They're shooting pigeons well over 200yds wit FX. My Condor seems like its best suited for a boat anchor even after the Ring-Loc valves.

Check out those guys in South Africa (Airgun 101). They're shooting pigeons well over 200yds wit FX. My Condor seems like its best suited for a boat anchor even after the Ring-Loc valves.

Nah, don't give up on her.

Things about the Condor (mine is the SS in 22 cal)

Hammer spring is too weak and too long;

Hammer is too light.

The valve sucks

The valve to get has a larger diameter than the stock one and also has 3 ports vs 2.

For long range slugs are the only way to go.

Compensating for spin drift is vital.

I've settled on NSA slugs from 20 to 31 grains. With the 24.8 grain offering being my goto ammo.

@ 960 MV, 50 yd zero drops are 8 MOA @ 100, 12 MOA @ 125 and 18 MOA @ 152.

Plenty of fpe and great expansion in cheap Walmart modeling clay.

Mourning dove accuracy to 152 yards.

Main quarry will be coyotes.

For doves, pigeon, squirrel etc I use Crossman Premier 14.3s. Pushed hard they are effective beyond 100 yds.

Nah, don't give up on her.

Things about the Condor (mine is the SS in 22 cal)

Hammer spring is too weak and too long;

Hammer is too light.

The valve sucks

The valve to get has a larger diameter than the stock one and also has 3 ports vs 2.

For long range slugs are the only way to go.

Compensating for spin drift is vital.

I've settled on NSA slugs from 20 to 31 grains. With the 24.8 grain offering being my goto ammo.

@ 960 MV, 50 yd zero drops are 8 MOA @ 100, 12 MOA @ 125 and 18 MOA @ 152.

Plenty of fpe and great expansion in cheap Walmart modeling clay.

Mourning dove accuracy to 152 yards.

Main quarry will be coyotes.

For doves, pigeon, squirrel etc I use Crossman Premier 14.3s. Pushed hard they are effective beyond 100 yds.
t
Thanks for the info. It sounds like I'd have to dump another $300-500 more to get some decent accuracy. I just spent $220 to convert it to a spin-lock tank plus $50 for the ring-loc top hats.:oops: Maybe I'd be better off selling it and getting a used Edgun, Steyr, or something else. I've also read that changing to a heavier hammer and spring will destroy the valve. Your accuracy is amazing though, so I really value your input.

Squat, the only money I've spent on mine is for a super seat which wire out after several thousand shots, a super hooty tophat with screw in inserts which failed after awhile.

I hawged out my own tophat and drilled it with ever increasing bit sizes till I got the velocity I wanted.

Made my hammer and breach and kept returning to ace hardware till I got a hammer spring that cut the mustard.

The stock valve is marginal at best. Doug Noble makes one that is top cabin. I'm too cheap to go that route though.

I have the hammer , hammer spring beefed up to where I can't cock the sucker. Made a "tool" to overcome that but it's cumbersome. So...

I'm currently in the process of creating a cocking lever setup the functions like the Texan model.

I've cut the shroud back to leave enough for an adapter for a DonnyFL Tanto moderator.

It now fits well in the scabbard on the horse.

If you're gonna change rigs, I'd suggest taking a hard look at the Hatsan Blitz. Under 1K $ and is select Fire. How fun can that be!

I was leaning heavily towards the Edgun Leshiy 2. One helluva rig but pushing towards $2k...

If you're a dedicated pellet shooter, the Blitz at its price point, is a darn good selection.

The only down side to the Blitz is the no adjustable really heavy trigger.

I'm just trying a couple different pellets now. I'm getting better results (though not that good) with RWS 13gr pellets than JSB 25gr. I might try those FX-hybrid pellets, they're getting good reviews. My gun seems to work best with <2500 PSI in the tank; do you have a regulator on yours?

Nope, no regulator.

With Crossman 14.3 Premiers pwr wheel on 6, psi from 2250 to 1750 MV is around 1000 to 900+. On the high end she's good to 100+. On the low end, not much beyond 50. Groups great but velocity range causes vertical vertical misses. Thus I refill at 2000 psi.

18 to 25 grain pellets work great. But at 7 bucks/500 at Wally World is good enough for this old man for pests and

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.